Tutorial:: Fringe Scarf :: Img Heavy

No, we can't tell you how to dress, but we can suggest cool ways to make your clothes your own!!!!!

Please post your own ideas!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Tutorial:: Fringe Scarf :: Img Heavy

Postby theladywrath on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I love stumbling for new and awesome things to make. I love DIY, I love tutorials, I love up-cycling. I was stumbling recently and came upon this awesome scarf. The picture was linked to a website tutorial, but the links weren't working, so I don't have credit or anything for the maker. Anyway, since I couldn't access the tutorial, I decided I'd figure it out on my own. This tutorial is also posted on my blog. Image

Here's my Tutorial, for these amazing fringe scarves. It's an accessory that can be worn with everything if you give it a neutral color (unlike the color I made mine, to the left ;D).
Wow, lucky you; you get to see me without my face on, no makeup at all.

All you need is an old tshirt (any color: bold, patterned, neutral, whatever) and a pair of fabric scissors (or similar anyway).

Image 1.Image 2. Image

:: Step One :: Cut the shirt across in a straight line from one armpit to the other. What you'll have left is a rectangular tube.
:: Step Two :: Depending on the thickness you want, cut either half inch or inch wide strips across the bottom. The longer the cut, the longer the fringe will be. I cut about half way up.

3. Image 4. Image
5. Image

:: Step Three: Cut through the seam on either side, along the strip, so you don't end up with one really thick fringe from the sides.
:: Step Four :: Start at the top of the fringe and pull down, causing them to roll.
:: Step Five :: Pretty much the same as four, just continue all along them. I stretched each one three or four times.

ImageImageImage

:: WalhLa! :: Wear you're finished piece. Embellish it if you wish, wear it with buttons, layers, or whatever. I absolutely love it. I'm going to wear it to the college next week. It can honestly be worn a whole bunch of different ways to.
theladywrath

Re: Tutorial:: Fringe Scarf :: Img Heavy

Postby poorandweird on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:52 pm

very nice! I'd love to do an infinity scarf like this with the tasselly bits REALLY thin, long, rolled in and stretched out. Cool fabric too
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby NutMeg on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:37 pm

I am going to make a ton of these for my daughter. I have bags of old shirts and sweaters.
Thanks!
NutMeg
PRD Professor!

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

too cool!
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby theladywrath on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 pm

:D Glad y'all like. I had fun with this. My daughters and I made a few more for them. They love them.
theladywrath

Postby bacteriadance on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 am

Found the link to the original if you're interested: http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2011/08/diy-fringe-scarf/
bacteriadance
PRD Professor!

Postby miss.hell on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:28 pm

poorandweird wrote:very nice! I'd love to do an infinity scarf like this with the tasselly bits REALLY thin, long, rolled in and stretched out. Cool fabric too

yeah word to that...i have an infinity scarf i made i can do this too thanks for the tut
http://boiledbones.tumblr.com
AIM: misshelltexasoi
miss.hell
PRD Professor!

Postby theladywrath on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 pm

bacteriadance wrote:Found the link to the original if you're interested: http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2011/08/diy-fringe-scarf/

Very Cool :D Thank you!! ^_^ I'll have to give her credit in my blog.
theladywrath

Postby NutMeg on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:38 pm

NutMeg
PRD Professor!

Return to Fashion fun...