2011 PRD Weight Loss Challenge!!!!!!

Where we can all say how great MAC is... and share other tips and tricks....

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

2011 PRD Weight Loss Challenge!!!!!!

Postby lafemme cojones on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:51 pm

I decided to start the new thread because I just ate a shitload of junk and don't want to spend the whole year this way. Also, some of you were talking about starting one for this year. So let's do the damn thing!

I lost twenty pounds this last year and gained back 5+ this holiday season.
Height=5'8

Starting Weight=180

Ultimate Goal Weight=135

Between now and March I would like to lose 10 pounds, at the very least 5.

My Plan: Eat healthier, legitimately get rid of dairy (been struggling with this one), move my ass at least 3-4 times a week

Good Luck Y'all!!
lafemme cojones
You deserve an award......

Re: 2011 PRD Weight Loss Challenge!!!!!!

Postby freakbychoice on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Eventhough I've been doing this for the past few years, and haven't lost sizes, I haven't gotten any bigger either, so I figure it's still worth it!

Height- 5'9"
pants size- 16/18

Goal: 14/16 by the end of August, eventually 12/14.

plan of attack: keep on keepin' on with the Cardio for Indie Rockers dvd, less carbs, more veggies, more fresh things in general. keep on the water. continue getting up off my arse.
freakbychoice

Postby MeritaViola on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 am

I'm so in.

Currently: size 14/16

Ultimate goal:size 10

Short Term Goal: I want to be a 12 when I move to Washington.
Skatterbrains
- facebook-

If you don't like the Meteors, you can go fuck yourself!
MeritaViola
PRD Professor!

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:29 am

Current size- 16/18
Goal size- 12/14
I'm going back to Weight Watchers tomorrow. I had a lot of success on it when I tried last year, and I've heard their new plan is awesome. I'm also making it my goal to walk with my dog for an hour a day, doing yoga, and doing cardio/strength DVDs 5 times a week.
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby bacteriadance on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 am

I probably won't officially start until January 9th, when my classes for the semester start, but I'll post about it anyways. (My first class should give me a head start with weight loss--so I'll let you all know where I'm standing at the end of it!)

I did horribly today--had tons of sugar that I shouldn't be eating... Ugh. I can go a day or two with minimal sugar, then I binge like crazy on the sweets!

As I stated earlier in the 2010 thread, I plan on exercising in the gym 3 hours/week, plus 1-2 hours of swimming/week. I also plan on working on my diet--more veggies/fruits, better portioning, less eating out, etc.--but that will come in time. For now, I'll work with a weekly diet challenge (currently on less sugar, next will be to drink at least 3 nalgenes of water/day), and eventually work up to correct portions, no eating past 8 pm, etc. Making everything routine is somewhat hard for me, unless I work those things into my planner (no joke, I can't function without one anymore) way in advance!

Also, I'm trying to get my boyfriend to go on this journey with me. He doesn't need to lose weight or anything, but he really likes to let his diet suffer, and he's always complaining about stamina/endurance for biking/backpacking/skiing/insert sport of choice here.

Oh yeah--goals. I'm starting around 260lbs (started last year at 275!!!). I'd like to be to 250 or less by March 26th. Ultimately I'd like to weigh 180lbs, but that might take longer than one year.
bacteriadance
PRD Professor!

Postby lolaebola on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 am

I'm in!!

start size is 16 goal is size 10. I think i need someone to keep tabs on me...

short term goal is 5 kilos before February.
lolaebola

Postby aleshiaramone on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 am

I'm in, since I'm trying to be healthier/lose a little weight this year anyway.

Height: 5'1 and 1/2 (yes, that half an inch matters to me)
Start size: 11
Overall goal size: 6/7

I've gone totally vegan as of the 1st (was veggie for 10 years prior), and bought myself an stairmaster thinger. I know I can do this because back in 2004 I was 210lbs, by 2005 I was 150lbs. Now, I don't know what my weight is and don't want to know. I'll judge by how my pants fit instead of the numbers on a scale.
aleshiaramone
DIY Demon

Postby miss.hell on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:38 am

height: like a centimeter away from 5'5
weight:153 i gained 7 pounds over christmas even though i was working out like a motha
goal weight: 115 to 125

current size:7/9
goal size: anything from 2 to 6 would be ok

since yesterday i started a super clean diet, lean proteins, veggies, nothing with sugar or chemicals in it, almost no prepackaged foods, im trying to keep up with 5 hours of exercise per week but i was sick for 2 days so next week i guess
http://boiledbones.tumblr.com
AIM: misshelltexasoi
miss.hell
PRD Professor!

Postby 9876511! on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Current size: 12/13
Goal size: 9

I've been doing pretty good. Eating lots of protein and fruit as a snack, drinking lots of water, and working out for about 2 hours a day. I don't have anything in my life right now, other than going to work from 9-5. I have a month of dedication to my health, but it might be a bit more difficult once school starts again.

Here goes. Good luck, everyone!
9876511!
PRD Professor!

Postby MissVicious on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Current size: 13/14
Current weight: 180

I actually got down to 169 last year... but got fat over winter... Uhm I want to get back in to a 7 or 9 this year!!
Plan of action: Eat by myself so that people don't "force" food on me (cultural background LOL), no more prepackaged foods/candy. Cut back on alcohol. Find somewhere inside to jog when the weather is bad, hopefully that will let me take the dog.
http://kisszombies.etsy.com

formerly kisszombies

i just say...rock and roll bitch
MissVicious
PRD Professor!

Postby hannahell on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Height: 5 foot 2 inches tall
Current size: 18/20
Goal size:12/14

I've actually been doing fairly decent the past month and have lost a few pounds but nothing significant. I would love to get back down to a 14 but a 12 would be even greater. My plan is to eat healthier more fruits and vegetables in my diet. As well as work out three to four times a week. Stop eating junk food/sweets. And make more home cooked meals.
hannahell
PRD Professor!

Postby tague on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 am

I'm in but I'm going to try to not focus on numbers or sizes because eating disorders run in my family and they last time I tried to lose weight, I got really into a bad place mentally. I think I might try using Daily Plate but only logging in at the end of every day so I don't get obsessed.

I gained like 25 pounds this year due to the fact that when I started eating meat again I definitely did some catching up for those seven bacon cheeseburgerless years, I grew another cupsize and a half at the beginning of the year (at a time when I was definitely losing weight), was too poor for real food thus subsisting on 99 cent frozen pizzas from Aldi and hot dogs for a couple of months, and some health issues made being active kind of hard/too painful. I'm an 18/20 now and started the year at a pretty solid 16 unless garments were cut for hipless, titless women. I am a fat girl and judging by the fact that the women in my family are only smaller than maybe a 12/14 if they suffer from long term anorexia, do meth, or get cancer, I am always going to be a fat girl. But I know that I am perfectly capable of being a somewhat less fat girl and that I looked better and felt better, at least mentally, when I was a little bit smaller.

Goal wise:
-Eating healthier more of the time not just like 2 times a week with all cheeseburgers/pizzas the rest of the week.
-Cook things for lunches and put them into tupperwares so that I'm not eating vending machine/not quite fast food all the time.
-Be more active/don't call it good when I take the stairs at work or have more vigorous sex
-Start drinking more water and tea/lessen my intense Diet Coke dependency
-Have my clothes fit again
-Several smaller meals instead of just shoveling food into my face 2-3 times a day
-Look good enough in October that I won't cringe at all of my wedding photos
tague
PRD Professor!

Postby MeritaViola on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:14 am

Roller Derby is kicking my ass all over the place. Hurtin' so good.
Skatterbrains
- facebook-

If you don't like the Meteors, you can go fuck yourself!
MeritaViola
PRD Professor!

Postby CamilleDevine on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 am

I'd like to join in, if I may.

I'm pretty much the fattest I've ever been right now. I know "fat" in itself isn't a bad thing, but the lifestyle that's led me to it probably is.

Height: around 178cm/5'10"
Weight: hovering around 84-85kg, or 185 pounds
Size: AU 14-16, closer to the 16 end of things (Google says that's like a US 10/12?). I'd like to be comfortable in an AU 14, not be squeezing to get the fly done up on my favourite jeans :P

Ze plan: To do more DELIBERATE exercise. I used to jog, which I loved, but I can't do it any more due to health issues. I have an exercise bike, so I've gotta get on that more often.

I'm also going to stop buying large quantities of sugary junk. I'm terrible at "rationing" - if I buy a block of chocolate, it basically disappears the same day, rather than lasting the week like I hoped. So, no more of that in my house.

Good luck to everyone, hoping to check in here pretty regularly :)
CamilleDevine

Postby bacteriadance on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:52 am

Anyone have tips on dieting while living with roommates who could care less (and eat like shit all the time)? That's what I'm headed back into in February...
bacteriadance
PRD Professor!

Next

Return to Girly stuff...