Best Shampoos and Conditioners

Found something great that you think everyone should know about? Tell us! Know a great site that we should know about that you find helpful? Post it in here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Best Shampoos and Conditioners

Postby LilyBathory on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

I have super, super long hair (below my butt long) that's also annoyingly straight and I dye it all the time. for shampoo I've been using head and shoulders ever since I bleached the shit out of it ten years ago. that left my scalp so very, very messed up, and head and shoulders is the only stuff that doesn't make me itch my scalp all day.

for conditioner I use syoss oil treatment, then some stuff for split ends, and then a cheapo home brand leave in conditioner. but really, the key to growing hair that long without it being all messed up is simply not washing it so often. I wash mine about every nine days now and that makes such a huge difference.

I've always known I'd be a bank robber. So judge all you want, ladies and gentlemen. Because you never did become an astronaut.
LilyBathory
PRD Professor!

Postby liniline on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:15 pm

i have really long hair too, and i had been using loreal products fine until i got pregnant. ever since then, my hair is completely dried out for like 24 hours after i shower, and then it's all of a sudden oily. it's been 2 months since i've had my son, i never lost any extra hair the way you always hear about, and i'm still having this problem. any ideas on what kind of shampoo/conditioner to try out? and yeah i do straighten it every now and then, so there is some damage.
liniline
DIY Demon

Postby hell_kitten on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 pm

I use Lush's Seanik or Godiva solid shampoos, and then I use cholesterol as conditioner, my hair's past the middle of my back and it's soft and shiny and easy to style pretty much every day. I like the Seanik better but the Godiva smells AMAZING!!!!!
Who sent me a turd in the mail?
hell_kitten
PRD Professor!

Postby ladylashes on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:23 pm

I LOVE REDKEN! But I'm spoiled and my best friend is a hair stylist so she gets it for me from her Professional Salon Supply store for only $7 for the normal bottles and only $11 for the liters. It's really ridiculous how much you pay for this stuff at normal stores or salons in comparrison to how much the pros get them for. I never buy "expensive" hair stuff at other stores anymore cuz its a total ripoff and they really aren't expensive they just jack up the prices
Create and Destroy. Destroy to Re-Create.
ladylashes
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby tague on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 pm

hell_kitten wrote:I use Lush's Seanik or Godiva solid shampoos, and then I use cholesterol as conditioner, my hair's past the middle of my back and it's soft and shiny and easy to style pretty much every day. I like the Seanik better but the Godiva smells AMAZING!!!!!

I have become a HUGE Lush fan over the past year. I use their Soak and Float on my scalp (it works wonders for my scalp/behind the ear eczema), Curly Wurly or Trichomania on the length of it, and then use Jungle conditioner and my hair feels and looks the healthiest it has in forever.
tague
PRD Professor!

Postby Bethy Boop on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 pm

tague wrote:
hell_kitten wrote:I use Lush's Seanik or Godiva solid shampoos, and then I use cholesterol as conditioner, my hair's past the middle of my back and it's soft and shiny and easy to style pretty much every day. I like the Seanik better but the Godiva smells AMAZING!!!!!

I have become a HUGE Lush fan over the past year. I use their Soak and Float on my scalp (it works wonders for my scalp/behind the ear eczema), Curly Wurly or Trichomania on the length of it, and then use Jungle conditioner and my hair feels and looks the healthiest it has in forever.

I love lush, and also that you are back!
We're putting an end to racism, homophobia, monogamy and monochromatic colouring
Bethy Boop
You deserve an award......

Postby joan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I use a JR Liggets shampoo bar and nothing else. It's the best chemical free product I've found that actually works.
joan
PRD Professor!

Postby just_icarus on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 pm

joan wrote:I use a JR Liggets shampoo bar and nothing else. It's the best chemical free product I've found that actually works.

WHOA!! hey joan!! glad to see you !
destroy / create
just_icarus
PRD Professor!

Postby nekamantix on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:18 am

I color my hair A LOT so I just have to make sure that everything is sulfate free...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
nekamantix

Postby NikkiNockers on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Biolage Exquisite Oil. It actually won some awards this year. I'm one of the lucky spoiled ones as my best friend has a cosmetology license and she gets our stuff from the beauty supply store. I also use the Rusk keratin smoothing line and morroccan oil when I can afford it.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio they all drive me crazy
NikkiNockers
PRD Professor!

Postby lolaebola on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:34 am

^^ Lucky! I use Clear shampoo and conditioner and organix moroccan argan oil, I have really long thick hair that's prone to being dry and the moroccan oil has been a godsend!!
lolaebola

Previous

Return to Product reviews & resources..