Hiding tired eyes with make-up

Where we can all say how great MAC is... and share other tips and tricks....

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Hiding tired eyes with make-up

Postby namelesswonder on Sun May 09, 2010 11:55 am

I suffer from constant fatigue (don't have CFS, I don't fit enough of the symptoms) and my eyes show it. I've tried all I can to feel well-rested, and haven't had any luck, and can't afford a sleep study. For now, I'm tired of LOOKING tired, and would like to use some minimal make-up to hide it.

I have no idea where to start. When I wear make-up, I put on some eye-liner and mascara, maybe eye-shadow, and that's it.

I don't want a billion products, just something to make my eyes less puffy looking and hide the darkness.

Any suggestions on how to get started? Websites, video tutorials, products, places to go etc.? I also don't want to spend a lot of money, don't care if it's Walgreens stuff, that would be best in fact.
Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
My blog - updated regularly about no particular thing.
namelesswonder
PRD Professor!

Re: Hiding tired eyes with make-up

Postby Prom Queen Masectomy on Sun May 09, 2010 12:41 pm

This is going to be the most anticlimactic response known to mankind, but one thing that makes a slight but noticeable difference is taking some iridescent white eye shadow and dabbing it along the bags under your eyes. The shimmery shit catches the light and counteracts the darkness beneath the eye. Yeehaw.
Prom Queen Masectomy
DIY Demon

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Well first I would suggest getting this: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... atid=12355
It has caffeine in it and will take away any puffiness or signs of tired eyes.
If you have dark circles, of course cover them up with concealer and then dust some highlighter or light eyeshadow on top of your cheekbones and under your eyes to catch the light.
Try lining your bottom waterline with a white eyeliner pencil to make your eyes look wide and open, and make sure you curl your eyelashes before you put on your mascara.
Light colored shimmery eyeshadows are going to be your friend here.
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby rainaraven on Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System to Renew the Skin Around Your Eye Area
www.clarisonic.com/us/shop/opal.php

i caught a glimpse of this on "the doctors" the other day. i know nothing about it other then its for under eye. check it maybe its for you or can find something similar
It makes no sense to argue with crazy people cause crazy people don't have to make sense.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/colorfulcoffin ... _usernames
rainaraven
PRD Professor!

Postby MooMooMonster on Sun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm

If you're like me and get lines in your under eye bags the concealer highlighter trick can make you seem wrinklier...

The caffeine thing that Zanna posted is awesome.
MooMooMonster
PRD Professor!

Postby -x-jaz-x- on Sun May 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I found this video helped me with covering it with makeup, because I constantly have purple rings round my eyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL3m0E8x ... 1&index=23

It suggests using 2 colours of concealer if I remember correctly, and the one I use is called technic hide it!! conncealer pallette, which has three shades of concealer plus a green one (sounds strange, but the green cancels out any red blemishes and spots etc..). I bought it online and it was £5.00, but I cant remember the site, but I'm sure you can fond it if you search.

Hope that helps!
-x-jaz-x-
DIY Demon

Postby namelesswonder on Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Awesome, this is all helpful stuff. I'm gonna look for that Garnier Nutritioniste stuff today. Usually my eyes start off puffy and then look sunken by the end of the day. I'm going to Sephora or the MAC store today to have someone help me find the right colors for my skin for concealer/foundation. Hopefully I can find something for not too much there...or get something similar at CVS or Walgreens.
Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
namelesswonder
PRD Professor!

Postby TheWorstIdea on Mon May 10, 2010 1:25 pm

More thumbs up for shimmery eyeshadow! Right on the inner corner of your eye and a nice swipe under your brows, and a light swipe of blush. I usually use MAC Vanilla or Shroom because they brighten without looking OMG GLITTER!

And tinted foundation primer! Seriously the best thing ever if you need to fake the 'wide awake' look. A pink-ish colour really brightens up your face (don't worry, it doesn't look pink when you blend it onto your face and add foundation). Make Up For Ever has a *really* nice tinted primer in their HD line, but lots of brands have their own thing.
TheWorstIdea
PRD Professor!

Postby Prettygrimm on Tue May 11, 2010 2:31 am

eye drops.
white eyes look much more awake.
wet, cold teabags or cucumber slices or potato slices on your eyes for ten min in the morning.
a yellow toned concealer. apply sparingly though or it'll just draw attention.
draw attention elsewhere with a bright lipstick or blush.
i am not ashamed of what i am but it often makes me sad.
http://idlehandsdaily.blogspot.com/
Prettygrimm
PRD Professor!

Postby saradactyl24 on Tue May 11, 2010 11:13 pm

I use this http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Escentuals-Well-Rested-Sealed/dp/B00119Q7WO

And it works wonders!! It took me some time to get used to seeing my eyes like that but once I did it really made a differnce. I saw myself in a picture wearing it and I was shocked.
"Girls have got balls. They're just a little higher up that's all."-Joan Jett
saradactyl24
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby 9876511! on Thu May 13, 2010 7:54 pm

BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna wrote:Well first I would suggest getting this: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... atid=12355
It has caffeine in it and will take away any puffiness or signs of tired eyes.
If you have dark circles, of course cover them up with concealer and then dust some highlighter or light eyeshadow on top of your cheekbones and under your eyes to catch the light.
Try lining your bottom waterline with a white eyeliner pencil to make your eyes look wide and open, and make sure you curl your eyelashes before you put on your mascara.
Light colored shimmery eyeshadows are going to be your friend here.

I agree! You can feel it working right away, it's pretty awesome.
9876511!
PRD Professor!

Postby namelesswonder on Mon May 17, 2010 2:02 pm

I got that caffeinated stuff and a liquid concealer, looks pretty good, but I guess I need lotion for my face 'cause the concealer makes my skin look all dry and cracked under my eyes. I'll probably have to get another concealer for summer time, 'cause I got a bit of sun the other day and now I'm not sure if it looks quite right. Having very pink skin makes finding concealer and foundation frustrating, nothing looks quite right to me.

Gonna post some before and after pictures...curious if there's a noticeable difference or not. My camera probably can't capture it though.
namelesswonder
PRD Professor!

Postby namelesswonder on Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Before

After

Ehhh can't really capture it in pictures. I still look tired, the first picture looks better 'cause my skin isn't washed out by the light hahah. Whatever I give up, time for some eyeliner and I'll look better.
namelesswonder
PRD Professor!

Postby rainaraven on Mon May 17, 2010 5:06 pm

i tried it using one concealer cause i only have one at the moment and it still worked really nice. i did the concealer like it said then put on my foundation then did a really light coat with the concealer again.
and namelesswonder i think you look good the way you did it. i know the camera isnt going to show as vividly but your eyes do look better in the after pic.
It makes no sense to argue with crazy people cause crazy people don't have to make sense.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/colorfulcoffin ... _usernames
rainaraven
PRD Professor!

Postby x_immortal_flame_x on Mon May 17, 2010 5:39 pm

White/skin/light colored eyeliner in your bottom waterline. When I look tired I use gold eyeliner and mascara, sometimes a light eyeshadow. Light colors are your friend.
whatever you destroy, we'll create it again.
x_immortal_flame_x
PRD Professor!

Next

Return to Girly stuff...