through the eyes of a rapist

This is the place for those strange things you do every day... the crazy things you learned from your grandmother, or from desperation, that you think the world should know about. For god sake, White Out was started by a desperate house wife and some flour!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: through the eyes of a rapist

Postby sapphire_distortion on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 am

sabzilla wrote:i've never reported anything. part of me regrets it, but in the end, i'm glad i didn't. i also had a friend who did the right thing, got a rape kit, and a report and nothing was ever pursued. she had to tell her story so many times to so many people, that she left one part out to a few people and they told her her inconsistencies made them doubt her.... even after a rape kit and obvious trauma.
the sad thing is, you get caught with an ounce of weed, you go to jail for 7 years. you destroy some young girls life, and you are out in 4. the justice system is FUCKED. justice, my ass.

Totally agree with you about the justice system. And experiences like your friends' sad one are why it's totally understandable to NOT come forward; I've heard people say things like "If you don't, it's your fault if he rapes again!" Actually, no, it's HIS FAULT. Way to literally blame the victim for the next victim.

daisyfuck wrote:Sucks that there's a whole laundry list of shit we have to remember in order to protect ourselves from being attacked. We should be teaching these assholes that rape is wrong, not for us to keep our hairs short and undesirable. Although it's good to know how to protect yourself, I still feel like it's not fucking fair.

My friend and I always get heated on this debate, because she thinks it's best to just go along with what the rapist wants in order to protect yourself from being attacked, while I on the other hand think you shouldn't go down without a fight. We're both victims of date rape, and neither one of our attackers understood what they did was wrong, nor do they still believe having sex with a drunk chick on the verge of passing out while you're completely sober is rape.

Men should be taught this shit. It should be drilled into their skulls, I'm sick and tired of people flipping out when I decide I want to go out to the city on my own, or how I can't be driving around the parkways on Long Island because god forbid I get a flat tire and someone decides to take advantage of me on the side of the road. While my brothers are free to do whatever they want, encouraged to travel, drive drunk on their own, etc.

High five, lady. In complete agreement!
sapphire_distortion
PRD Professor!

Re:

Postby JackieKay on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Mal wrote:
sarahXedge wrote:In Aus I dont believe we have a minimum sentance for rape but we should becouse there have been some high profile cases with really bad sentances like 3months.

Yeah its fucking disgusting!!!!!!! My friend was molested when she was 10, and testified, the guy only got 20 hrs communtiy service.

:evil: :evil:

This is what I'm scared of...like speaking up and then nothing happening.
~You represent the people who helped you get to where you are, not the people who tried to bring you down~
JackieKay

Postby daisyfuck on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3YlVYQ0Jbk

aus rotten's "the second rape", good shit

a girl at Hofstra was gang raped on sunday by five men in a dorm room. my bf's cousin made a facebook status talking about how the girl was stupid for going to his room to get her cellphone back that he took. i had to refrain myself from button mashing in response to his stupidity, because my boyfriend lives with him and his family wouldn't like me bashing him via the internet. so i had to explain to him calmly and politely how stupid he was. grrrrrrrrrrrrfuck i can't believe people still think that way
drink but don't drink this,
it aint beer it's piss,
rock the 40oz.
it's the change that counts
daisyfuck
You deserve an award......

Postby spitfire on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting this post!

My kid takes kenpo (her dad does as well) and have heard them tell the kids "if someone comes to attack you or has you on the ground , pretend your playing nintendo, power off!"

a hard direct poke to the eyeball.
spitfire

Postby daisyfuck on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 am

i've seen a few different versions of these but this one is my favorite:

Sexual Assault Prevention Tips Guaranteed to Work!

1. Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks in order to control their behavior.

2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!

3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!

4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.

5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON’T ASSAULT THEM!

6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.

8. Always be honest with people! Don’t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them. (hehehe i love that one)

9. Don’t forget: you can’t have sex with someone unless they are awake!

10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone “on accident” you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn’t ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are commiting a crime- no matter how “into it” others appear to be.
drink but don't drink this,
it aint beer it's piss,
rock the 40oz.
it's the change that counts
daisyfuck

Postby miss.hell on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 am

i hate seeing this thread everytime i see it, it reminds me of when i was raped i know it supoose to be helpful
but it just puts a rock in the back of my throat and makes me want to puke
http://boiledbones.tumblr.com
AIM: misshelltexasoi
miss.hell
PRD Professor!

Postby sabzilla on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:10 am

miss.hell wrote:i hate seeing this thread everytime i see it, it reminds me of when i was raped i know it supoose to be helpful
but it just puts a rock in the back of my throat and makes me want to puke

I know. everytime i read this shit, in a way it's helpful...kidnoff..just to know i'm not alone, but it just brings shit even more into focus.

Has anyone else had problems, esp with relationships since this has happened? I've had a history of abuse, but since the last time it happened, even though it was 3 years ago, I haven't been able to have a healthy loving relationship. I always end up quitting before it gets too serious.
Aftereffects or paranoia? either way, shit sucks.
If I can't dance, I don't want to be a part of your revolution.
sabzilla
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby JackieKay on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:45 pm

sabzilla wrote:Has anyone else had problems, esp with relationships since this has happened? I've had a history of abuse, but since the last time it happened, even though it was 3 years ago, I haven't been able to have a healthy loving relationship. I always end up quitting before it gets too serious.
Aftereffects or paranoia? either way, shit sucks.

I have....I am always afraid the same thing is gonna happen. My sorta boyfriend now (its not completely official) knows that unless I'm ok with it, I will refuse to do anything. Heck, I wont even let him touch my tummy :/

My ex, the second time around we dated, just laid his hand on my thigh at school during lunch not meanin anything by it or anything but text me later asking if I was uncomfortable about it. I miss him. He was amazing and I let my insecurities get the best of me. :/

So now I"m just afraid of anything. Mainly commitments.
~You represent the people who helped you get to where you are, not the people who tried to bring you down~
JackieKay

Postby Hilzary on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:53 pm

omg omg omg.
thank you soo much for this post!!!
when i was saying at my friend's house her mum was telling us stuff like that.
she told us what happened to her when she was got off the bus on the way back from work, she was working late, she got off of the bus, she has to walk over a field to get to her street because there is no path right form the stop, it takes about 20 minutes to walk back to the house. when she was crossing the field this man started to follow her at a distance...at first...but he started to get closer, when he got too close for comfort she turned around and told him to get lost. she started to walk again this time the guy stayed at a distance for about 2 minutes then he suddenly stopped, she kept going, as i would do, just top try to get away form they guy, but then he started to run towards her, she bent down into a half crouch and he grabbed her purse. she didnt let go, instead she whirled him around and around, finally he let go and stumbled to the floor, grabbed her purse back and kicked him in the head, ran back to the house and called the police.

i know its not the best story in the book, but it is the best example i can think of.
i dont know how it will but i hope it might help you guys, maybe if you get your purse snatched you can spin a guy around and laugh at him falling down

xx
Just like a gothic girl
Lost in the darken world
Hilzary

Postby Wolfmoon on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:31 pm

daisyfuck wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3YlVYQ0Jbk

aus rotten's "the second rape", good shit

a girl at Hofstra was gang raped on sunday by five men in a dorm room. my bf's cousin made a facebook status talking about how the girl was stupid for going to his room to get her cellphone back that he took. i had to refrain myself from button mashing in response to his stupidity, because my boyfriend lives with him and his family wouldn't like me bashing him via the internet. so i had to explain to him calmly and politely how stupid he was. grrrrrrrrrrrrfuck i can't believe people still think that way

I loved this song! Especially the part that says: "I was in shock. I couldn't stop him." A lot of people will blame the victim if she 'doesn't' help herself, but I used to be one of those people that gets seized by disbelief that something like that is really happening to ME.
Oh dios mio!
Matado El Pollo Loco!
Bastardos!

The truth about PETA
Wolfmoon

Postby opiiate on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:50 pm

What is with you and your continual posting of pictures?
Also, way to trivialize hombre.
opiiate
PRD Professor!

Previous

Return to Random tips...