Good clean CHEAP fun

Face it, you probably drink PBR, and you're on a DIY site; so you like ideas on how to do things cheaply! And hey, that leftover cash can buy you some more ink! So share the thrifty tips here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Good clean CHEAP fun

Postby Prettygrimm on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Kadavar_Kate wrote:
And Antho does rule. I met him at the first So Cal Zombie Walk. Nicest guy EVER.

killer makeup artist too. maybe we'll run into each other this time around. i work a lot so i never make the damned walks. hopefully i'll make this one.
i am not ashamed of what i am but it often makes me sad.
http://idlehandsdaily.blogspot.com/
Prettygrimm
PRD Professor!

Postby Kadavar_Kate on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Hmmm , I'm not familiar with that area. http://www.zombiewalk.com/forum/index.php <--- great site to look for and organize a walk. Once we had people as far from Hawaii come down.

Other cheap fun.

Playing pirates in the park. Dress up and everything, I did this with my brother's kids the other day. Great times.

Make faces at random people. WARNING: Be careful who you do this to, stick to kids or babies. I do this sometimes on the drive back from Hollywood after a show.

FAKE MUSTACHE DAY!!

Haircut day, my friends and I do this one. We're too cheap to pay for a haircut.
Kadavar_Kate
You deserve an award......

Postby NoRestForTheWicked on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Coffee shops.

Go to your local hipster coffee shop.

Usually you'll find some pretty chill 'edge and punk kids hangin about and they'll know whats up in the area. Thats my first thing to do in any town I visit.
NoRestForTheWicked
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby jessiegrrrl on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Just came across this - 100 suggestions to do over the weekend without spending any money!

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/07/ ... e-weekend/
the deeper i go
the less light will show
the places i creep
in the deep
jessiegrrrl
PRD Professor!

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:23 am

These may or may not have been mentioned, but still...

- Someone mentioned visiting an animal shelter, but it's also great to volunteer at the animal shelter. It's certainly not all playing with the puppies and kitties (my best friend spent her entire first day volunteering folding laundry), but play-time still occurs, plus you're getting them the care they need.

- Flea Markets! Honestly, you never know what kind of awesomeness you'll find, for cheap! And even if you don't have the money to buy anything, it's cool to come across stuff with some history or maybe find toys you also had when you were a kid.

- Geocaching. I will say, this one requires a GPS, so if you don't have one, rope in a friend who does. But other than that (and a little driving, but it shouldn't be hard to find caches close by, even in your own town) it's free. A link to the official geocaching site is listed below. Anyway, it's kinda like a mini treasure hunt, but it's more about exploring and local history. And it's FUN.

http://www.geocaching.com
BellezzaImpavida

Postby speedkitty on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:24 am

its christmas an my mom asked me what i wanted today and i really couldnt think of a damn thing i want but i had to tell her i want a gps thangy ^___^ thanks for the great idea cause there are a few in my area
speedkitty

Postby rainaraven on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

play "mystery science theater" you know where mike and the robots are forced to watch bad movies and interject funny oneliners. you can do it with any movie even if you love the movie. or tv shows. i also do this when my husband is playing online and some dork spews out his or her dork comments and i reply with something funny(his mic is not on)
It makes no sense to argue with crazy people cause crazy people don't have to make sense.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/colorfulcoffin ... _usernames
rainaraven
PRD Professor!

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 am

rainaraven wrote:play "mystery science theater" you know where mike and the robots are forced to watch bad movies and interject funny oneliners. you can do it with any movie even if you love the movie. or tv shows. i also do this when my husband is playing online and some dork spews out his or her dork comments and i reply with something funny(his mic is not on)

I LOVE Mystery Science Theater! And I always end up wanting to out-do mike and the robots. XD
How arrogant of me.
But seriously, that IS fun!
BellezzaImpavida

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh, and I always carry a deck of playing cards with me, because you never know when you're going to be with a group of people and can't find anything else to do.
BellezzaImpavida

Postby adictedtolove77 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Pssh, If I'm playing MST3K I'm playing as Joel not Mike.
We do it all the time, fun to see what you can come up with.
Okay, ramblers, let's get rambling.
http://www.pressedandscrewed.com
adictedtolove77
PRD Professor!

Postby faster+louder on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:33 pm

adictedtolove77 wrote:Pssh, If I'm playing MST3K I'm playing as Joel not Mike.
We do it all the time, fun to see what you can come up with.

I was making fun of this guy I work with for looking like Mike Nelson(it's uncanny) he has never seen the show so I sent him a picture. Turns out that Mike Nelson is his uncle....weird! I like both hosts, but Joel's movie time running dance is the best. Oh man I just got netflix, so much MST3K, stoooked! :mrgreen:
LOUD FAST RULES!
faster+louder
PRD Professor!

Postby Fuchsia on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Go to Ikea.

Hadn't been there in 10 years or something, and hell, it's really as cool as I imagined it was when I was a kid. And I got to eat the meatballs again. They're still not really that tasty, but it took me right back to being a kid.
And I know we have to go, I realize we always have to turn away, always have to go back to real lives
Fuchsia
PRD Professor!

Postby GrifterOI on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Miss Buzzkill wrote:have a diy party. have your friends bring fabric scraps, etc and pool them in the middle of the room. then spend the rest of the night making something cool with your buddies

This reminds me of the PunkRockParty (PRP) we'd have once a month at our old place. 15 or so people would go in on beer and soda (personal preference of course) and pizza, we'd move all the furniture, and sit in a bohemian circle sharing floss, thread, cigarettes and slices while sewing on our band patches, fixing the tears in our clothes, or studding our vests/jackets. It was a blast! B grade horror movies or loud music were always a nice coup de tat. Total cost per person was like 3 dollars.

Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road.

GrifterOI
You deserve an award......

Postby Bandit on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 am

GrifterOI wrote:
Miss Buzzkill wrote:have a diy party. have your friends bring fabric scraps, etc and pool them in the middle of the room. then spend the rest of the night making something cool with your buddies

This reminds me of the PunkRockParty (PRP) we'd have once a month at our old place. 15 or so people would go in on beer and soda (personal preference of course) and pizza, we'd move all the furniture, and sit in a bohemian circle sharing floss, thread, cigarettes and slices while sewing on our band patches, fixing the tears in our clothes, or studding our vests/jackets. It was a blast! B grade horror movies or loud music were always a nice coup de tat. Total cost per person was like 3 dollars.

This is my idea of the perfect party.
Bandit
PRD Professor!

Re:

Postby moldiemadison on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

graveyardqueen wrote:
forxskasxsake wrote:ohohoh.
go to the mall, and instead of buying things, try to get as many people as you can to stare at you by doing the most random things possible.
my friend and i made a list of things that work.
it included:
-skipping around with arms linked.
-setting up and autograph booth and pretend to be some famous artist.
-try on the ugliest outfit at a store and yell "OH MY GOD, THIS IS GORGEOUS!"
-start singing a random song, preferably the Oscar Meyer Weiner song.
-have a loud, obnoxious, and nonsensical conversation.

there was tons more, but that's all i remember. try making up your own.

that sounds like the kinda things we do at the mall! they're definatly good ways to spend time and have fun. we once set up a board game in the elevator and played. we kept asking people to join when they got in and out. eventally someone told a rent a cop and made us leave but it was fun while it lasted!

Hahaha, my friends and I would go to the mall JUST to do what I like to call "operation baby diaper":
1. you go to the family-bathroom (most malls have these, with baby-changing stations and diaper vending machines.) this is where you get your baby diaper. this should be the only money you spend!

2. the bathrooms are usually somewhat near a food court, where you will find the baby "poop". at the particular mall we used to go to, there was a mexican food resaurant with a free salsa bar very close to the bathrooms, PERFECT. but you can get creative with the condiments you find at the food court!
(make sure it looks realistic, haha)

3. be descrete in placing your dirty diaper in front of an abercrombie, drop it off a balcony, plant it on an elevator or in a vending machine (where you stick your hand to pull out your soda, etc.) and watch people's reactions!

4. or be not so descrete, and walk around with it flipped open, and try not to laugh!

5. if a rent-a-cop or security guard catch on, you may want to ditch it somewhere and lay-low or leave, i've been followed by rent-a-cops for dirty diaper shenanogans!

have fun! :lol:
moldiemadison
You're getting the hang of it!

PreviousNext

Return to On the cheap...