TUTORIAL - Playing up Hazel Eyes (freaky photo updated)

Where we can all say how great MAC is... and share other tips and tricks....

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

TUTORIAL - Playing up Hazel Eyes (freaky photo updated)

Postby Sonya on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Per usual, ignore the stupid-looking paint shop images for being stupid-looking paint shop images (LOL), but I'll be doing the makeup in the next few days

Sonya's "Playing up Hazel Eyes" Tutorial

Items used:
    Specific items used coming tomorrow sometime: colors needed below
    Pink Shadow
    Light Beige or Light Brown
    Tan or Brown
    Light Beige for Highlight
    Smokey grey or black (for on top of eyeliner if you want dark-dark eyes with lots of pop!)
    Dark grey or black eyeliner

Directions:
This is your blank slate... although it's not shown as a color, you'll want to put an eyeshadow base on your eyelids, all the way up to the browline. If you do not have an eyeshadow base, you can use a neutral colored concealer, foundation, or highlighter such as cream shadow.

Swipe your medium pink color all across the lid, up to just at the brow bone. You'll want to slightly be ON the brow bone so that your crease color will lay slightly beneath it. The darker pink shows where your crease (approximately) will be.

Now, with a small brush, add your lighter tan color to the inner V of your eye all the way to mid-center. You'll notice it won't be a rich tan color, but you'll see some of the pink color picked up in it making it a mauve-ish color overall.

Line your crease with your darker tan/brown color and your outer v ALMOST butting up to the light tan color. I use an angle brush for this and make a rounded point at the outside of the v. You do not need to be very neat, you'll be adding more color and blending.

Start to blend the colors using small circles and swishes back and forth. You want all of your edges to blend without harsh lines and a smooth transition from any color to any bare skin. Add your light beige as a highlight (you may also use a golden or white here, depending on skin tone... darker use golden beige shades, lighter use white beige shades). Blend that down into your color as well so there is a seamless finish.

Here I am adding liner. I start with a regular liner in a smokey grey. The more vivid (bright OR dark) the color here, the brighter your eyes seem, so I've also added some shimmering black pigment (shadow) on a wet angle brush over the top of the liner. I also used a black inner liner (lining the wet tissue up against the eye). This also helps the tan and pink colors to brighten the hazel in your eyes (they're very complimentary).

Add your mascara, finish off your eyebrows, and "fix" the rest of your face! Congrats on your WOW! eyes!

Finished product: (BTW, I will NOT be getting these contacts again... they make my eyes look... I dunno, wild? Like cats eyes sort of? Just not fond of it) - oh, and I'm NOT wearing mascara in the photo... I actually started over and rephotographed because you couldn't see the makeup. Then... my eyes kept watering. I gave up and took the damned photo despite the fact that I wiped my eyes a million times. LOL
Last edited by Sonya on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sonya Adams
Body Piercer
Smut Peddler
Sonya
PRD Professor!

Postby bettie13 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:16 am

sonya, me and my hazel eyes love you! :smt049
bettie13
PRD Professor!

Postby vasquez on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:39 am

You are...an angel. :)
vasquez
You deserve an award......

Postby Danicarose on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04 am

I can't wait to try this out :) Maybe my eyes won't look quite so much like gross mud anymore lol
It's a perfect day to throw back your head and kiss it all goodbye
Danicarose

Postby Sonya on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:30 pm

I've got a finished pic for this one, but hubby grabbed the camera and took it to work this morning. I may have to kill him if he deletes those photos! LOL

WAAAAY awesome!
Sonya Adams
Body Piercer
Smut Peddler
Sonya
PRD Professor!

Postby Sonya on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:36 am

*bumping up* - please ignore freakish contacts. I WON'T be getting another pair in that color... it's just too... hazel? They look yellowy on me (at least to me they do)
Sonya Adams
Body Piercer
Smut Peddler
Sonya
PRD Professor!

Re: TUTORIAL - Playing up Hazel Eyes (freaky photo updated)

Postby luckyzero13 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 am

i didnt relize you worked at outer limits. ima totally go down there have you pierce me. i totally want to get my nipples pierced soon.
luckyzero13

Postby notsoplainjane on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:16 am

I've been wearing turqoise contacts for years but a while back could only afford the clear ones and I noticed my make-up just didn't stand out the way it used to. Thank you so much for this!
I once met a girl, or should I say she once met me
notsoplainjane

Postby DuckieCat on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:29 am

i'm not so big on makeup for every day, therefore i am completely retarded when it comes to spicing things up for special occasions... thank you so much for this!

hazel-eyed chicks rock!
as Wichita falls,
so falls Wichita Falls.
DuckieCat
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby DumpsterDiver on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:00 pm

thank you so much!! every time i try to do my eyes i end lookin like i have a black eye, but this worked perfectly!
DIY. You don't have to buy what you need: make it, take it, find it or swap with friends
http://www.myspace.com/lintytoast
DumpsterDiver

Return to Girly stuff...