Good clean CHEAP fun

Face it, you probably drink PBR, and you're on a DIY site; so you like ideas on how to do things cheaply! And hey, that leftover cash can buy you some more ink! So share the thrifty tips here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re:

Postby bunny1818 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 am

forxskasxsake wrote:-try on the ugliest outfit at a store and yell "OH MY GOD, THIS IS GORGEOUS!"

This is SOOOO much fun!

...on the same theme:

Pick disgusting outfits out for each other to try on; that's a happy half hour or so right there... IN EVERY SHOP!

Do your make-up with the samples in the shop [ I guess some people might feel icky about that tho ]

In fact, some make-up counters will do your make-up for free [awesome before a night out], with an UNWRITTEN rule that you'll buy at least some of the products. Again with the ick, but you can always say you've a birthday coming up and are going to ask your friends and family to buy whatever products they recommend.

Pound shops are excellent places to find cheap canvases for art attacks!

Also, "celeb spotting" where you point out normal people on the street [out of their earshot....or not, whatever!] who look a little like famous people, that can be a giggle. If you're brave, race down the street after them shouting [for example] "Richard Geeeeeere!I love yoooooou!" and watch passers-by do double takes at the rakish silver fox trying to quietly do his shopping.

Putting things into people's baskets/trolleys in the supermarket is fun too. The randomer the better; a single can of cheapo own-brand super-strength lager into the nicely-suited businessman's trolley... into the basket of a slummy mummy buying chicken nuggets and microwave burgers....a butternut squash! She won't even know what it is!!!
bunny1818
You deserve an award......

Re: Good clean CHEAP fun

Postby the-sweet-far-thing on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 pm

My friend and I would go to department and furniture stores and sit on every recliner, couch, and bed - also, if they'd have the racks of carpets hanging up, we would wind our ways through them.

LOl, one time a bunch of my friends and I had a pillow fight. We thought no-one was around, but the guy looked up after we were all done and just laughed.
Back on PRD, which is awesome! Need to re-establish my PRD Prof. status, tho...boo.[/i]

[b]If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
the-sweet-far-thing

Postby Inky Fingers on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 am

the-sweet-far-thing wrote:My friend and I would go to department and furniture stores and sit on every recliner, couch, and bed - also, if they'd have the racks of carpets hanging up, we would wind our ways through them.

LOl, one time a bunch of my friends and I had a pillow fight. We thought no-one was around, but the guy looked up after we were all done and just laughed.

I had fun pulling down the boxers on mannaquins so they mooned at shoppers.I considered putting panties in the hands of male mannaquins and boxers in the hands of female ones.
Sitting on toilets and getting in baths at homewares/diy stores is fun too.

I'm not at all puerile.
Used to be Cobwebs on my Chucks

http://www.myspace.com/charrrcore
Inky Fingers
PRD Professor!

Postby Trillium on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:37 am

My friends and I take a train into the city, and walk. It's a little bittersweet at the end of the day, what with all our feet bleeding, but so much fun.

Whip-cream or shaving cream fights! Find a park of somebody's backyard, have two cans of ammo, and go nuts!

PILLOW FIGHTS!!! HAVE WE FORGOTTEN PILLOW FIGHTS?!? My friends and I have gotten into some so intense we can't even stand up straight.
"Be full of love, and full of skepticism."
Trillium

Postby le_zombie on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Pool Halls usually have a Ladies night were you can play for free.
le_zombie

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Get a LARGE group together, have one, two, or three people dress as Waldo and hide somewhere in the city, then have the remainder of the people split into groups and try to find Waldo. :)
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby [Hazard] on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:27 pm

BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna wrote:Get a LARGE group together, have one, two, or three people dress as Waldo and hide somewhere in the city, then have the remainder of the people split into groups and try to find Waldo. :)

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN...
Unfortunately none of the people I know would be into doing that.
[Hazard]
DIY Demon

Re: Re:

Postby RedRiot on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:36 pm

opiiate wrote:
tague wrote:people watching... you can play all sorts of fun little games like "there's your boyfriend!" (the guy is mos def not one your friend would want to date) "we are soooo way cooler than them" (this is like waay obvious and these are people we'd usually crack a comment about anyways) or " insert name hear and insert name here mated?!?!?!" (for when you find someone who looks like 2 famous people or people you know mated)

I play the 'gangster or not' game with my boyfriend ALL the time, that and the 'is that a guy or a girl' game.

Heh. We play "Your Team". It's kind of a cruel game, but the idea of it is, when you die, you're stranded on a deserted island with whatever people are put on your team. So...emo kid in day-glo hotpants is on your team. You're stuck with them forever, and other players can't be put on other player's teams. I put Moby on my boyfriend's team the other day :lol:
Pretty much everyone I know here plays it.
RedRiot

Postby stephgabriele on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

I've been thinking about camping and waiting for warmer weather all year. I know...Fill your gas tank (I know that's not cheap, but just do it once) and drive aimlessly until you run out of gas. When you're out go out and hold a sign with friends. I don't know...some might not find it fun. But I tend to lean toward spontaneous things so I like to just drive. Or walk with a group of friends! There are always good conversations with that and little adventures. I can't really be spending a lot of money for a while, so I should be taking my own advice, haha.
stephgabriele

Re: Re:

Postby ravonia13 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:50 am

RedRiot wrote:
opiiate wrote:
tague wrote:people watching... you can play all sorts of fun little games like "there's your boyfriend!" (the guy is mos def not one your friend would want to date) "we are soooo way cooler than them" (this is like waay obvious and these are people we'd usually crack a comment about anyways) or " insert name hear and insert name here mated?!?!?!" (for when you find someone who looks like 2 famous people or people you know mated)

I play the 'gangster or not' game with my boyfriend ALL the time, that and the 'is that a guy or a girl' game.

Heh. We play "Your Team". It's kind of a cruel game, but the idea of it is, when you die, you're stranded on a deserted island with whatever people are put on your team. So...emo kid in day-glo hotpants is on your team. You're stuck with them forever, and other players can't be put on other player's teams. I put Moby on my boyfriend's team the other day :lol:
Pretty much everyone I know here plays it.

We play a game similar to that, called "Dibs!" It's probably worse than your game, as we look for the most disgusting and visually displeasing people we can find to call "dibs" on, claiming them as ours. For instance, that dirty 60 year-old hooker walking down the street with saggy skin? DIBS! Too late, she's mine. So pretty much, the worse off someone is the "sexier" they are. The person who calls dibs on the worst looking person wins, and the game starts anew (but only if everyone can agree that nothing will top that).
ravonia13
DIY Demon

Postby Trillium on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 pm

"Be full of love, and full of skepticism."
Trillium

Postby tequillamockingbird on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:44 pm

steal a bottle go to tha nearest alley and get drunk (with friends of course) or if ya dont wanna risk going ta jail fer a bottle yeh can always panhandle fer an hour and buy a bottle of taaka
tequillamockingbird
DIY Demon

Postby JADED YOUTH on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:35 pm

um i think the point was...CLEAN fun?
DESTROY TO CREATE!!!
ImageImageImage
JADED YOUTH
PRD Professor!

Postby adictedtolove77 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Yes, the whole point of this topic was things you can do without the help of illegal substances.
Okay, ramblers, let's get rambling.
http://www.pressedandscrewed.com
adictedtolove77
PRD Professor!

Postby everpink on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:28 am

adictedtolove77 wrote:Yes, the whole point of this topic was things you can do without the help of illegal substances.

but it's not punk rawk unless you are drunk or high
"I had never felt complete until I had experienced an eyeliner rush"
- Dawn Davenport

http://www.everpink.tumblr.com
everpink
PRD Professor!

PreviousNext

Return to On the cheap...