Complete List of PRD-Best-Rated Hair Dyes

No, we can't tell you how to dress, but we can suggest cool ways to make your clothes your own!!!!!

Please post your own ideas!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Complete List of PRD-Best-Rated Hair Dyes

Postby CaterpillarGirl on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 am

I second Atomic Pink by Special Effects for a bright pink. Manic Panic faded a lot faster for me.
Fishbowl by Special Effects was the best turquoise, it didn't last brilliantly for me, but it's not too bad, and lasts better than whatever the Manic Panic version is.
For purple I think the best is Pimpin' Purple, again by Special Effects. I can't actually remember which purple it was I used, I think it was Pimpin' Purple... it was definitely by them, and it lasted pretty well, and faded ok as well.
Remember that at any given moment
there are a thousand things
you can love.
CaterpillarGirl
PRD Professor!

Postby Prettygrimm on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 pm

*Best Red(s)= manic panic vampire red. l'oreal hi-colors. schwazkopf professional line.
*Best Orange(s)= fudge orange crush
*Best Yellow(s)= basic white bleach and 40 vol on my black ass asian hair for like 3 or 4 hours. the PERFECT (if you could say that) yellow.
*Best Green(s)= special fx i forget the name. Z, what do we use for your hair?
*Best Blue(s)= hrmmmmm.... can't think of a stellar one here.
*Best Turquoise(s)= RAW twisted teal, manic panic atomic turquoise (your hair has to be WHITE for this to hold proper, but fuck it is amazing.)
*Best Purple(s)= fudge blueberry hill, special fx deep purple, pimpin purple, and wild flower
*Best Pink(s)= manic panic hot hot pink (one of my favorite colors in the WORLD!)
*Best Magenta(s)= clairol torrids outrageous cherry and bodacious burgundy.
*Best Black(s)= clairol radiance colorgloss in black. its so pure! no blue or purpley bullshit, just a deep, shiny, licorice-y black.
*Best Toner/White(s)= wella white lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fudge whiter shade of pale.
i am not ashamed of what i am but it often makes me sad.
http://idlehandsdaily.blogspot.com/
Prettygrimm
PRD Professor!

Postby FrankensteinsBride on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I dont know if you can get this without a license but it`s by far the best stuff Ive used. It comes in 5 or 6 colors, not alot of differant shades though. It last forever. Ive never had to reapply this stuff because it faded. My roots can be an inch long and its still bright as fuck. Ive even put it in my daughters hair.

Only dead fish go with the flow... Now, moi Tumblr
FrankensteinsBride
You deserve an award......

Postby sickgirliezele on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Prettygrimm wrote:*Best Green(s)= special fx i forget the name. Z, what do we use for your hair?

the first time we used Special FX Limelight, the second time I'm pretty sure it was Iguana Green. Iguana green had bluish undertones, and lasted until Season went at it with the clippers!
I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.
sickgirliezele
PRD Professor!

Postby shake the disease on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 pm

adictedtolove77 wrote:Best Red- Loreal Hi Color Red. You can pick it up at Sallys. It's permanent and made for dark hair so no bleaching!

Yeesss this is only red dye I use now.
shake the disease
PRD Professor!

Postby devotchka_spikes on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

If you can get your hands on some Pravana Vivids. They only have it at beauty professional stores and such.

The colors are direct dyes so they don't need to be mixed with developer even though they are 'permanent' and professional. The only thing is that the colors bleed for a couple days after but it lasts for awhile and they are super vivid!
devotchka_spikes
PRD Professor!

Postby kissmycombatboots on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 am

^ the red didn't stay in my hair for crap. maybe it was because it was over processed,i don't know. i tried it twice, and it faded out in a week and a half each time.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby [bettie braaains] on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

i've used the red and the pink and they both faded super fast :(
[bettie braaains]

Postby Prettygrimm on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:47 pm

pravada is booty son.
i am not ashamed of what i am but it often makes me sad.
http://idlehandsdaily.blogspot.com/
Prettygrimm
PRD Professor!

Postby devotchka_spikes on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm

kissmycombatboots wrote:^ the red didn't stay in my hair for crap. maybe it was because it was over processed,i don't know. i tried it twice, and it faded out in a week and a half each time.

Red is such a hard dye to use sometimes. The dye molecule is so large it's hard to penetrate the hair... So after you bleach it's best to wash the bleach out with something that doesn't close the cuticle and don't condition. Put the dye on dry hair and you can ink burn it in, use a straightener on low heat over the dye. Just be careful that the dye is almost dry so it doesn't splatter. Rinse with cool water and condition. Also use a sulfate free shampoo or color safe. I use Pravana all the time and it normally lasts like 5 weeks before I have to re-dye it... But like always unnatural color doesn't last forever.
devotchka_spikes
PRD Professor!

Postby ihateranch on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

*Best Red(s)=they all fade quickly, so i generallly go any shade of red by punky color and i mix a bit in my shampoo to slow fading
*Best Yellow(s)=manic panic electric banana....just because it glows under a blacklight
*Best Green(s)=for a dark green, punky color apple green. for a lime green, i mix punky color turquoise with manic panics electric banana and it looks awesome and glows under a blacklight
*Best Turquoise(s)=punky color turqoise or special effects fishbowl blue
*Best Purple(s)=dark purple use special effects deep purple, for a lighter shade i like special effects violet rose
*Best Pink(s)=my sister and i use a brand called ibg that comes in a bright orange bottle. its super cheap at our beauty supply place and it stays in even after bleaching, my hair will be cotton candy for months after using this
*Best Magenta(s)=special effects violet rose is a great shade, i also love punky color purple
*Best Black(s)=i usually use anything that requires adding developer cause it will last a longer time. i used a blue black shade by loreal that i just love....no fading so far and a rich color
ihateranch
PRD Professor!

Postby MissVicious on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm

kissmycombatboots wrote:hi-color has several shades of various reds, look for the one listed just "RED" if you want your hair to mimic a stop sign. it's beautiful and fades very well. you'll get some run off in the shower, but nothing that has stained my tub so far. i have stained a few towels, though. as if fades, it looks a little more on the natural red side, which i personally prefer, that way i don't get people calling me Gwen. :lol: but by the time i get the the point where it's looking a bit on the natural side, i'm usually due for a re-dye any way. i dye it about once a month.
i also use a lower developer than they suggest, because my hair is fried from dying it for so long. i use a 20 instead of the 40 or 30 they reccommend, and it's still great.

Available at sallys?? I dropped out of school, so I HAVE to go to sallys to get my pro products since my friend works there
http://kisszombies.etsy.com

formerly kisszombies

i just say...rock and roll bitch
MissVicious
PRD Professor!

Postby adictedtolove77 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 am

Yep! I get it at Sally's all the time.
Okay, ramblers, let's get rambling.
http://www.itsaswindle.com
adictedtolove77
PRD Professor!

Postby MissLondonDisaster on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:37 am

*Best Red(s)= Loreal Hi Colors, I also loved Wildfire- Manic Panic but it faded to this weird orange color...
*Best Yellow(s)=white bleach on my black hair haha.
*Best Turquoise(s)=atomic turquoise- manic panic was pretty cool.
*Best Blues= Aftermidnight Blue by Manic Panic (lasted forever but bled like crazy!), Blue Velvet by Special Effects (best best best best! Stayed really well!)
*Best Purple(s)=Ultra Violet by Manic Panic
*Best Pink(s)=Atomic Pink by Special Effects! Best pink hands down.
*Best Black(s)=no suggestions as my natural hair color is already black.
MissLondonDisaster

Postby frankentooth on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

best purple : special effects pimpin' purple, it washes out to a nice light purple/pink color slowly i usually have to touch up my roots before the color gets ugly, or raw color deep purple for that really dark shade

best blue : blue velvet, i barely bleached any of the black out of my hair and used this and it looked so nice in the dark my hair looked solid black and in the light it had great streaks of blue.

best pink : hot pink def special effects atomic pink, magentaish pink special effects virgin rose

best red : special effects, cherry bomb or blood red, also garnier deep burgandy

best black : garnier blue black or ferria blue black
frankentooth

PreviousNext

Return to Fashion fun...