Pending ink!

No, we can't tell you how to dress, but we can suggest cool ways to make your clothes your own!!!!!

Please post your own ideas!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Pending ink!

Postby sapphire_distortion on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 pm

so this is a pretty basic idea, new thread to discuss ink you're planning on getting, still working out the kinks of and want feedback, post scans of sketches, etc. and then photos after it's done, if you like.

I myself am planning on getting a really intricate and geeky tattoo soon (admittedly, in a few different sessions) that'll cover half or a little more of my back. Influences will be Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, and Norse/Scandinavian mythology (where a lot of my heritage is from). I'm planning on having a big circle between my shoulder blades and have the symbols from the alethiometer going around the inside of it, and then have a crude sketch of a doorway inside the circle and a skeleton key vertically in the doorway, for Neverwhere. and then on either side of the circle have a raven, I've been trying to find a traditional Norse knotwork type raven but I think I might just do a silhouette of a raven on either side. And then knotwork going down my back and coming to a point around the waistline.

I could post a detailed description of every tattoo I want to get ever, but then this'd take forever :P also coming soon is a tattoo of a guitar with a Clash song quote around it, a Buffy tattoo, and I think maybe a day of the dead flapper lady.

what are YOU guys planning on?
sapphire_distortion
PRD Professor!

Re: Pending ink!

Postby MinorThreat on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:21 pm

^that sounds awesome! [and expensive whew!]

okay i know i want harps and celtic knots and all that irish shit
but i was thinking of getting an orchid but have it be a leopard print orchid!
whats everyones thoughts?
MinorThreat
PRD Professor!

Postby faster+louder on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:46 pm

GODZILLA!! On my rightside, like huge!

I'm gunna get a queens crown on my left hand it'll have a banner under it that says Marguriet(momma's last name) and on my right hand I'm gunna get a kings crown with a banner thats says Riley(pappa's last name)

A portrait of H.P. Lovecraft on my calf kinda like this, expect for more realistic looking.

And this, but just Mark(middle dude)
LOUD FAST RULES!
faster+louder
PRD Professor!

Postby sapphire_distortion on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 pm

MinorThreat wrote:^that sounds awesome! [and expensive whew!]

okay i know i want harps and celtic knots and all that irish shit
but i was thinking of getting an orchid but have it be a leopard print orchid!
whats everyones thoughts?

yeah I talked to my artist about it, this'll be the fourth tattoo I've gone to him for and I think he's starting to cut me a deal because he said that $300 should get most of it done. shweet.

oh yeah and this is what the alethiometer looks like (dialup users beware, it is a HUGE picture).

I like your orchid idea! sounds cute :)
sapphire_distortion
PRD Professor!

Postby dinotoria on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 pm

oh boo. i have a sketch of what i want, and i've posted it somewhere on here before, but i can't find it now.

*edit* i found it!

it will be far more detailed, and it won't have 615 under it.
i think i'll get "i wanna see the nashville skyline, if only for a while"
it's a line from a pink spiders song, and i enjoy their music, and like that they're from the area, even if they are douchebags.

the skyline will be based on this:

I always like more friends!
Facebook
Myspace
dinotoria
PRD Professor!

Postby MinorThreat on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm

^ that sounds gorgeous!
MinorThreat
PRD Professor!

Postby Solana121 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 pm

As soon as I turn 18(and have the money) I am getting something like this across my back, but super colorful. I want the banner to say "girl anachronism" and have The Dresden Doll heart-airplane all over it. I'm sure as I get older, I'll add to it, like more flowers and bugs.

I also really want the Anti-Flag gun star(most likely on my elbow), or maybe something akin to Chris #2's tattoos.

I would also love something like this
although not band related.

I have also considered getting an octopus, but that is just something silly I think about sometimes.
Solana121
DIY Demon

Postby 9876511! on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:51 am

I want a portrait of my mother and my grandmother, surrounded by their favorite flowers. My mother loves flowers, she seriously has a jungle in our front porch. :D
9876511!
PRD Professor!

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:17 am

I need to cover the shitty stars on my foot that were done in a garage
I'm getting a portrait of the Golden Girls on my thigh... and as of today I want a Bettie Page tattoo. I have a ton more that I want but those are the ones in the near future.
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby windingo on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 am

i was going to go get this done but my car got towed. there went $400 so now i have to resave. i am planing on getting my corn snake coiled around my ankle and her head on my foot, with saffron flowers around her. her name is saffron, btw. she is sick and about to die. im so sad.

with saffron flowers

i also really want to get where the wild things are as a "tramp stamp". them doing their rumpus on my lower back. i cant find the whole image right now. its like the second image posted but with max on the shoulders like in the first image.
windingo
DIY Demon

Postby hell_kitten on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:51 am

So.... Chase is getting me a tattoo for Christmas, and I have the opportunity to get it tomorrow. I have been thinking for a long time about getting a quote from Social Distortion, which is near and dear to me.... but, will you guys please let me know if this is really cheezy and retarded? "Life goes by so fast, you only wanna do what you think is right. Close your eyes and it's passed, story of my life." I want to get in probably courier our a classic american font, going down the outsides of my forearms, if that makes any sense. Just lines of text, going down. I want it in black, with blue shading around it.
Who sent me a turd in the mail?
hell_kitten
PRD Professor!

Postby Prettygrimm on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:15 am

full body tattoo of myself... only taller.
i am not ashamed of what i am but it often makes me sad.
http://idlehandsdaily.blogspot.com/
Prettygrimm
PRD Professor!

Postby Brutus on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 am

WHat I know I am getting in the 5 months.
Half sleeve is getting finished at the tattoo fest this year. By two artists. MIke Power (who tattoos in toronto now) he started it, and is going to do my pinup. Then his old apprentise, Lydia, is going a bad assed shark on the inside of my bicep. Then they are going to do the old school stars and dots as filler all around everything. maybe follow with some orange and yellow background shading too.

Getting tattooed for my birthday. Side profile of a rockabilly frankenstien with some bat wing kinda thing in the background.

now.. what Ive been thinking of.

old school microphone with the words "When I got the music... I got a place to go."
I want to get ROCK N ROLL tattooed up my left ribs in some awesome cursive
I want a Stray Cats tattoo
And something like this... take the factory out of the back. Make it a half sleeve on my right arm.
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby Saira on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:42 am

In January when I go to New York I'm getting a cutthroat razor with blood dripping off it and flowers or something (letting the guy do his own thing) on my outer right forearm.
In March I'm getting an oriental half sleeve over 2 sessions of a centipede, my knuckles done (finalllllly) and a tattoo of an Australian Ibis on the back of my calf done in neo-traditional style.
I also plan to get axolotls on me feet in Juneish and at some point get something for my mum.
Also in the pipeline is my chestpiece probably after my 21st or 22nd birthday and a massive traditional style panther starting kinda above my knee and curving around up onto half way up with side.

I might be addicted...
I was born of fire, baptized in sweat
I walk alone, when the sun sets
My heart is hard, and my blood is cold
from getting kicked in the teeth
I'm too young to feel so old
Saira
You deserve an award......

Postby [bettie braaains] on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:59 am

Solana121 wrote:
I have also considered getting an octopus, but that is just something silly I think about sometimes.

i'm TOTALLY getting an octopus. my entire right thigh. one like this!

but like wrapped around my leg. won't be happening for quite a while though..

after i have the baby, we're finishing up my left sleeve which is so close to being done it's silly.. i have one or two more pieces to throw into it [i am DREADING my elbow] then we're star and dotting it.

after that we're starting on my right sleeve.. flowers, humming birds, BUMBLEBEES!!!, and dragonflies.
[bettie braaains]
You deserve an award......

Next

Return to Fashion fun...