Straight lacing combat boots EDIT: Photo Tutorial Added

No, we can't tell you how to dress, but we can suggest cool ways to make your clothes your own!!!!!

Please post your own ideas!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Straight lacing combat boots EDIT: Photo Tutorial Added

Postby Fuck_Authority on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Ok i've been wondering for years how people straight lace shoes, someone tell me how to. Because i've been wanting to straight lace my combat boots.
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby rebellemichelle on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:07 pm

I think there is actually a tute on this site if you do a search.
rebellemichelle
PRD Professor!

Postby SuperVixenBadGirl on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 pm

I have tried several different ways of straight lacing, but this is the easiest way to tighten your boots up after it's done, in my opinion....

1st - Put the lace in the bottom holes by putting the lace ends in from the top so the lace lays across the top of the boot.

2nd - Take one end and run it up the inside to the top hole of the same side and put it through the hole fromt the back. Leave the amount of lace you want to tie the bow with hanging out the top.

3rd - Take the other side of the lace and diagonally take it up to the next hole on the opposite side and pull it up up from the bottom.

4th - Take that lace and go straight across to the opposite hole and put it through the top. Then repeat 2nd step until you get it to the top of the boot.

The side of the lace that you used to do the diagonals will probably be long, but you can adjust the lengths. To put the boot on, you'll probably have to unlace it to the ankle. When you have it on, just do the diagonal thing up the ankle and then tighten it.
Last edited by SuperVixenBadGirl on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check Out My Goods!
http://www.SuperVixenBadGirl.etsy.com

"You know, I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum."
~Edgar 'MIB'
SuperVixenBadGirl
You deserve an award......

Postby Fuck_Authority on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:50 pm

SuperVixenBadGirl wrote:I have tried several different ways of straight lacing, but this is the easiest way to tighten your boots up after it's done, in my opinion....

1st - Put the lace in the bottom holes by putting the lace ends in from the top so the lace lays across the top of the boot.

2nd - Take one end and run it up to the top hole of the same side. Leave the amount of lace you want to tie the bow with hanging out the top.

3rd - Take the other side of the lace and diagonally take it up to the next hole on the opposite side and pull it up up from the bottom.

4th - Take that lace and go straight across to the opposite hole and put it through the top. Then repeat 2nd step until you get it to the top of the boot.

The side of the lace that you used to do the diagonals will probably be long, but you can adjust the lengths. To put the boot on, you'll probably have to unlace it to the ankle. WHen you have it on, just do the diagonal thing up the ankle and then tighten it.

no i'm talking about where people have their boots laces go like this all the way down

--------------------------
I thought that was called "straight lacing" boots.
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby Jem_Flares on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Fuck_Authority wrote:
SuperVixenBadGirl wrote:I have tried several different ways of straight lacing, but this is the easiest way to tighten your boots up after it's done, in my opinion....

2nd - Take one end and run it up to the top hole of the same side. Leave the amount of lace you want to tie the bow with hanging out the top.

The side of the lace that you used to do the diagonals will probably be long, but you can adjust the lengths. To put the boot on, you'll probably have to unlace it to the ankle. WHen you have it on, just do the diagonal thing up the ankle and then tighten it.

no i'm talking about where people have their boots laces go like this all the way down

I thought that was called "straight lacing" boots.
That is the way to get them like that. I do that on my trainers. It is a really hard thing to explain!
Jem_Flares

Postby SuperVixenBadGirl on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:50 pm

The laces will be going straight across the boots. The diagonals are underneath the straight lines that go across the top to the boots. There is another way to do it so the diagonals aren't under the straights, but that way is impossible to tighten up on combat boots.
Check Out My Goods!
http://www.SuperVixenBadGirl.etsy.com

"You know, I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum."
~Edgar 'MIB'
SuperVixenBadGirl

Postby Fuck_Authority on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:25 pm

oh ok thanks
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby Ms Minx on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:49 pm

OK... I got confused reading that.
Here's how I've always done mine.

I had to add pictures:
Put lace thru bottom hole
pull one side longer than the other
Pull shorter side up to OPPOSITE top hole
Start to weave longer end over and into each hole
Keep going all the way up, when you are done, the longer lace will be on the opposite side of the shorter, and they should be the same length
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Re: Straight lacing combat boots EDIT: Photo Tutorial Added

Postby rockgirl5455 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Yea... the photos make it seem much less complicated.

I'm going to go tie all of my shoes like this now. I'm all proud of myself for doing it for one pair... :lol:
Jill Vicious

rockgirl5455
PRD Professor!

Postby kellieperson on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 pm

it took me a while to figure out how to straight lace my boots.

then i remembered a friend showed me how to do it on my adidas years and years ago. :lol:
"Having regrets means you didn't learn anything."
kellieperson
PRD Professor!

Postby SoupyGeorge on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:11 pm

wow....for once I already KNEW one of the tutoials put on here! :D
nobodysdarling wrote:sequins make me feel dirty for loving them as much as i do.

http://www.myspace.com/yourfaceisdumb

http://www.galaxycat.tumblr.com
SoupyGeorge
PRD Professor!

Postby thedepressedgoldfish on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:55 am

kellieperson wrote:it took me a while to figure out how to straight lace my boots.

then i remembered a friend showed me how to do it on my adidas years and years ago. :lol:

i just learned how from this and i told one of my friends that i never knew how to do do that before she was all shocked "in fifth grade it was the big thing to straight lace you adidas!" and that made me think you you :P
thedepressedgoldfish

Postby rockgirl5455 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:00 pm

thedepressedgoldfish wrote:
kellieperson wrote:it took me a while to figure out how to straight lace my boots.

i just learned how from this and i told one of my friends that i never knew how to do do that before she was all shocked "in fifth grade it was the big thing to straight lace you adidas!" and that made me think you you :P

I must have missed that... Or it's because of where I grew up.

Funnier still, my sister was in air cadets way back when, and she knows how to straight lace. It never dawned on me.
Jill Vicious

rockgirl5455
PRD Professor!

Postby Sexpot90 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:47 pm

yay thank you, the picture really helped.
Sexpot90

Postby Fuchsia on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 am

rockgirl5455 wrote:
thedepressedgoldfish wrote:

I must have missed that... Or it's because of where I grew up.

Funnier still, my sister was in air cadets way back when, and she knows how to straight lace. It never dawned on me.

I was surprised not everyone knew how to straight lace their shoes, when I buy shoes, they're mostly even straight laced in the shop!
And I know we have to go, I realize we always have to turn away, always have to go back to real lives
Fuchsia
PRD Professor!

Next

Return to Fashion fun...