Useful way to spend downtime on a plane...

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Useful way to spend downtime on a plane...

Postby Ms Minx on Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:50 am

Face it, lights in airlpane bathrooms make you not want to face your face (sorry, such a bad pun!) Anyway, there is one VERY useful purpose they serve, great light for tweezing your eyebrows. I pack tweezers in my purse when I fly...
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby Janie Hawk on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:27 am

I take advantage of red lights for tweezing, too. The natural light in the car is great.
Disciple in the Church of Slack
Janie Hawk
PRD Professor!

Re: Useful way to spend downtime on a plane...

Postby AssSlapper on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:45 am

Ms Minx wrote:Face it, lights in airlpane bathrooms make you not want to face your face (sorry, such a bad pun!) Anyway, there is one VERY useful purpose they serve, great light for tweezing your eyebrows. I pack tweezers in my purse when I fly...

Are tweezers allowed in carry-ons? There are restrictions on all kinds of things? Even Lighters! Just wondering?
AssSlapper

Postby Ms Minx on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:28 pm

AssSlapper wrote:
Ms Minx wrote:Face it, lights in airlpane bathrooms make you not want to face your face (sorry, such a bad pun!) Anyway, there is one VERY useful purpose they serve, great light for tweezing your eyebrows. I pack tweezers in my purse when I fly...

Are tweezers allowed in carry-ons? There are restrictions on all kinds of things? Even Lighters! Just wondering?

I got away with it this past weekend....
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby Ms Vanilla on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:25 am

Ms Minx wrote:
AssSlapper wrote:

I got away with it this past weekend....

Lucky you , i had my favorite tweezer taken from me in the airport :cry: along with alot of nailfiles, over the years, hahaha.
Ms Vanilla

Postby mekana maedchen on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:02 pm

yes, tweezers are allowed in carry-on. i checked a month ago because i didn't want my favourite tweezer confiscated on my way to los angeles.

check it out, this website lists what is and is not allowed on US flights. it has helped me!: http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=177
mekana maedchen
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby Lulu Pearl on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:10 pm

speaking of getting a sharp object taken away

another wayto waste time surprisingly, for knitters.... supposedly you can take knitting on the plane. i asked when i got flagged for extra searching and the lady said it should be fine.
Lulu Pearl

Postby sycho in the saddle on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:10 am

Omg lol...like anyone is really going to stab people with tweezers!!!

And if people do then there pussys. I havent been on an airplane so i wouldnt know what the lights are like. But it kinda makes me think of when you go shopping and you eiether try stuff on and it looks great in THAT mirror and when you get home it looks horrible...or vice versa. Mirrors suck.
sycho in the saddle
PRD Professor!

Postby Xine on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:45 am

I've never had an problems with tweezers. I can't live without them.
I did have a problem though, coming back from Mexico. I bought a woven bag down there and they had to process it to make sure it wasn't made of hemp or other questionable items. I thought that was retarded!

I agree with sycho. What can you really do to someone with a pair of tweezers? Give them a makeover? :)
Xine
PRD Professor!

Postby Janie Hawk on Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:03 am

Xine wrote:I agree with sycho. What can you really do to someone with a pair of tweezers? Give them a makeover? :)

Pluck you to death! :lol:
Disciple in the Church of Slack
Janie Hawk
PRD Professor!

Postby ZombiexXxKisses on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:44 am

I love how they have a 'no bombs' photo as some thing you can't take on the plane.

My friends took tweasers with them on our trip to Mexico last month, no problem there. They even did each others eyebrows while we were waiting for the plane.
And then on the way home from Hawaii I started to panic, because there were signs about not bringing gas filled lighters on the plane (and I had forgotten my favorite zippo was in my bag), but I got lucky, and it passed through.

The only time you're really screwed is if you get lucky and have to have them search your carry on.
That's when they get you.
ZombiexXxKisses
PRD Professor!

Postby raunchyPLEASE on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:39 am

I'm a big list person, so when I'm on a plane - if I'm not sleeping, I'm usually writing lists of things that need to be done, organizing - all of course while listening to my ipod. And, since I'm always into designing clothes and such, I'm always sketching - passes the time and I usually have some kick-ass things to try when I have the time.
raunchyPLEASE
You deserve an award......

Postby sycho in the saddle on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:36 pm

My brother took his lighter on a plane, and he just put it in a side pocket, and hes like ok, if i get it taken away, no big deal i'll just buy one when i get there. And they searched his bag, and they didnt even look in that pocket, and it was right there!!
sycho in the saddle
PRD Professor!

Postby TrixyTrisell on Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:27 pm

I heard on the news the other day that a few air lines are loosening up the rules about carry on items. small pocket knifes up to an inch long can be brought on again. Oh yeah and on the topic about tweezers, they can do alot of damage. My sister does my eye brows because my hands shake to much. Yesterday she Pinched my skin 4 times in a perfect line si I have 4 little drops of dried blood on my left eye brow.
TrixyTrisell
You deserve an award......

Postby xelly on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:44 pm

With the tweezers...I could understand poking someone in the eyes...but anywhere else I dunno...You could probably pinch some good lookin' person on the butt or arm!!!!:)
A real friend is not the one bailing you out of jail, it is the one sitting next to you saying "Man, that was fun!"
xelly

Next

Return to On the lam...