honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Postby KelleyCarnivore on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:31 pm

kissmycombatboots wrote:^^
are you going to be a dermatologist?

well, kind of close...an esthetician. i wont be considered a doctor of any sort....but we do have to study everything about the skin. i will be doing facials and spa stuff like that, waxing, and laser hair removal.

i could work in a dermatologist's office...but i don't think i want to.
tattoo and makeup artist, body piercer,crafter & framboise loving lady from the deep south.

AAA tattoo, Lafayette, LA.
KelleyCarnivore
You deserve an award......

Postby kissmycombatboots on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:40 am

very cool.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby hell_kitten on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

I have one of those revlon extractors like someone mentioned earlier- it kind of works, but the edges of it are flat, not rounded like a safety pin, so that means it has corners. the corners always end up doing more damage/ hurting to my face than it's worth! I might have to try the safety pin though!
Who sent me a turd in the mail?
hell_kitten
PRD Professor!

Postby miacrow on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:44 am

those biore pore cleaning strips work really good for getting the crap out of your nose pores, but it hurts like a bitch to take it off since it pulls all your little face hairs
miacrow
DIY Demon

Postby bella-lou-ghostie on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 am

im lucky *touch wood* in that i get actual zits very rarely , just small whiteheads, tiny really , but blackheads are my problem, only thing is, thatteh safety pin dosent WORK for me as they dont seem to be deep enough for it to get anything out ... =o.
this gun dont care who it shoots . .. . . . .
bella-lou-ghostie
PRD Professor!

Postby Whynne on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

WHY DIDNT I READ THIS A WEEK AGO!? I had one on my chin AND one on my forehead!!! WTF! Prep. H is something EVERYONE should have. I get crazy dark bags under my eyes, I dab that cream under my eyes and it clears it up soooo much.
Whynne

Postby deviant_behaviour on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 am

i love love love pro-active. its one of those things you buy of infomercials and my mum got it for me for my birthday it has been so amazing. i went from being a big pimple-face to just having one or two and even sometimes have none. i'm going to up my facewashing regime to twice a day (im usually too lazy to do it before bed) and hopefully my face will be completely clear.
i would recommend trying pro-active to everyone.
this might sound gross as but does anyone get clogged pores between their boobs? i think its from wearing bras that push them together the skin doesn't get to breath much. is there any way to sort these out? if i try and sqeeze them the skin goes all patchy-red and its hard to explain to my boyfriend without grossing him out.
deviant_behaviour
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby sarahXedge on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:05 am

sorry im confused what do the safty pins look like?
GLITTER....THE HERPES OF THE CRAFTWORLD.

http://sarahjaneinnes.blogspot.com/
sarahXedge
PRD Professor!

Postby kisszombies on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:12 pm

nothing works for my blackheads it seems. those biore strips, i used them for 2 months straight and even though i could see the grossies on the strip, my nose appeared the same the whole time. waste of money for me :(
kisszombies
PRD Professor!

Postby Emily Atomic on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:56 pm

deviant_behaviour wrote:i love love love pro-active. its one of those things you buy of infomercials and my mum got it for me for my birthday it has been so amazing. i went from being a big pimple-face to just having one or two and even sometimes have none. i'm going to up my facewashing regime to twice a day (im usually too lazy to do it before bed) and hopefully my face will be completely clear.
i would recommend trying pro-active to everyone.
this might sound gross as but does anyone get clogged pores between their boobs? i think its from wearing bras that push them together the skin doesn't get to breath much. is there any way to sort these out? if i try and sqeeze them the skin goes all patchy-red and its hard to explain to my boyfriend without grossing him out.

I use regular facial scrubs and make sure that I wear bras that are mostly cotton!

I know I posted this in "Product Reviews" but Purity Cosmetics makes a line called 100% Pure, I use the green tea and peppermint toner and it makes my skin really clean! I noticed alot less blackheads and zits overall!
I ain't no cinderella, I ain't waitin' for no prince to save me
Emily Atomic
PRD Professor!

Postby NikkiHorror on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Runyerpockets77 wrote:My mom always used bobby pins instead of safety pins. It's never worked for me though so I guess I'll try it this way instead.

Yeah I get my nose about every other day with a bobby pin and it seems to work really well :) You have to make sure to steam your face with a hot washcloth for at least 30 seconds before you attempt any of this madness though! Open up those pores so the gunk can come out! Otherwise you'll be being too rough with yr skin.
XXX"For Myself, For My Friends, For My Family, Forever. Straight ing Edge."
NikkiHorror
PRD Professor!

Postby Brutus on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:16 am

sarahXedge wrote:sorry im confused what do the safty pins look like?

Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby poorandweird on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 am

I use the end of a safety pin for blackheads. Spots, just squeeze away and put TCP on top. it stinks but it's anitseptic and you can use it as a mouthwash too when you've got ulcers!
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby hellacioush on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 am

i think preparation H has witch hazel in it doesnt it? thats my big thing- witch hazel. also tea tree oil. i actually put about 15 drops of tea tree oil in a bottle of witch hazel and use that as toner. (just shake it up before you use it to mix up the oil!) it works great and makes your skin feel soooo much cleaner.
i love those blackhead tools, because i love to mess with my skin (horrible, i know.) but my nose has a ton too, and i can never get them all out!
hellacioush
DIY Demon

Postby just_icarus on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:11 pm

hellacioush wrote:i think preparation H has witch hazel in it doesnt it? thats my big thing- witch hazel. also tea tree oil. i actually put about 15 drops of tea tree oil in a bottle of witch hazel and use that as toner. (just shake it up before you use it to mix up the oil!) it works great and makes your skin feel soooo much cleaner.

for anyone considering this as a toner, if you have dry skin make sure you have a good moisturizer as well. witch hazel and tea tree oil can be harsh on dry/sensitive skin.
destroy / create
just_icarus
PRD Professor!

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...