honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Postby ~Beat_your_heart_out~ on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 pm

this has me waiting for some nasty zit to grow on my face so i can try the neosporin and safety pin thing . i usually use toothpaste . just put a bit on the area till you feel it start to burn a little then wash it off you'll see the difference the next day .
Fragile handle with care .
~Beat_your_heart_out~
You deserve an award......

Postby Taia_Aggro on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 pm

i once saw this little tool for blackheads in walgreens. it looked like a tiny melon baller but i figured wtf? and got one...it works like the safety pin thing but its alot smaller hole so if the pin isn't working on your's i highly recommend it...i think it's made by revlon? but any way i remember the packaging was red.... :?:
the goal of life is not to arrive with great dignity in a healthy body at your grave- it's to fishtail in totally worn out, screaming "HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Taia_Aggro

Re:

Postby --cooties-- on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 am

JennErin wrote:tweezerman actually makes this lil tool thing with a smaller loop on one end and a bigger one on the other for black head removal! my mom finds really wierd things at linens and things

I have one too, but I got it from Avon. ^_^
X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

my livejournal -- http://www.livejournal.com/~high_school_low

my deviantart-- http://abandonyouridols.deviantart.com

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
--cooties--
DIY Demon

Postby ragdoll_170 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 pm

the only thing I like more than popping zits...is TALKING about popping zits :) thanks for the advice.

All my friends are murderers
ragdoll_170
PRD Professor!

Postby dirtyrottenlove on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:57 pm

i tried using this method on a zit i got and it didnt work! :( i think the round part was too much larger then the zit.. :|
dirtyrottenlove
PRD Professor!

Postby just_icarus on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:22 pm

dirtyrottenlove wrote:i tried using this method on a zit i got and it didnt work! :( i think the round part was too much larger then the zit.. :|

yeah, i made an attempt with the safety pins and ended up with some really painful little red circles all over my face and few less blackheads than i started with. sad. :(
destroy / create
just_icarus
PRD Professor!

Re:

Postby 3arthb3nd3r on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:44 pm

twitness wrote:i used polysporin because i couldnt find neosporin and i thought they would be alot alike since they both end in 'sporin'...anyways, i tried it and it totally works. It's taken a couple nights but its waaay easier to cover up those suckers. great tip. thanks!

Lol, what would have really sucked is if it were, like, oral anesthetic like Orajel or something XDDD
"Grow some balls. This is rock."
[provehito in altum]
3arthb3nd3r

Postby technologique on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:30 pm

The safety pin thing didn't work for me :(
technologique

Postby veronica on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:59 pm

technologique wrote:The safety pin thing didn't work for me :(

me neither. it just really hurts.

i miss vodka allready...
veronica

Postby instantcrazy on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:23 pm

I use apircot scrub, like 3 bucks at walmart to avoid the blackheads, but when they come I usually just apply pressure to both sided and hope that my nails don't mutilate my skin.
But for the big nasties...
Ice is good to decrease redness
Hydrogen poroxide workes as a disenfectant for the pussy white ones.

Does anybody know of a way to get rid of scars? I have a few on my forehead that show up really badly when I get sunraped. Coverup helpes but I usually only use it when I am going somewhere important to avoid getting my pores clogged.
somebody told me that if looks could kill, I would be the worst murderer of all time...
instantcrazy
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby Bomberzee on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:41 pm

i use bobby pins instead of safety pins for my blackheads...or for any zit.
Bomberzee
DIY Demon

Postby Namsab on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:39 am

Sounds like a great tip! I have to search for this neosporin(? ) stuff, I've never heard of it before. Maybe it's got a different name over here. But thanks anyway!
Namsab
PRD Professor!

Postby KelleyCarnivore on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:24 am

there are also actual extractors that you can buy from almost any drug store, or walmart, if you like to buy cheap like i do.

there is a round side, pretty similar to the safety pin thing, but it has a longer area to hold (think of holding a pen) and another side for clogged pores...

please remember that there is a difference between clogged pores and blackheads. some people(like me) can never REALLY get rid of clogged pores.

the extractors are pretty cheap...p.m. me if you want exact details on how to use them...i might post a tutuorial if enough people would like to know...

other extractors have a dagger looking side that make it easy to release pustules..

if your pimple has pus in it PLEASE dont just squeeze it....clean whatever sharp object you want to use to pop it(at least 70%isopropl) and make an incision almost parallel to the skin...be sure to hold skin taut...

THEN squeeze the shit out of it.....you don't want the infection to go deeper into your skin...this helps.

sorry if this is a long post...but i go to school for this, so i could talk about it all day..

p.s. i love all the homeade tips as well(such as the backside of the safety pin) just be sure to clean everything in between uses!
tattoo and makeup artist, body piercer,crafter & framboise loving lady from the deep south.

AAA tattoo, Lafayette, LA.
KelleyCarnivore

Postby kissmycombatboots on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 am

^^
as for clogged pores, once every few weeks i use hydrogen peroxide on my face. it gets rid of most of the yuckies. are you going to be a dermatologist?
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby nikki626 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Namsab wrote:Sounds like a great tip! I have to search for this neosporin(? ) stuff, I've never heard of it before. Maybe it's got a different name over here. But thanks anyway!

it may well be under a different name. the generic version is usually called "triple antibiotic cream" or "3 in 1 ointment". the three antibiotics in it are bacitracin, neomycin sulfate, andpolymyxin b sulfate and they are usualy in a petroleum base. some have a mild pain reliever in there as well. hope that helps your search.

i don't have neosporin at home, as i usually use burts bees dr. burts res~q ointment for minor ouchies. i've applied it to a coulpe gnarly pimples, but perhaps if i'm more dilligent about it i'll get similar effects. as for the safety pins and bobby pins, they don't do so well for me, i inherited a nose full of blakkheads from both parents. i occasionally use those biore strips(oooh! look, a forest of blakkheads!) and they work but the blakkheads always come right back. lucky me...
no, really...you eat it!
nikki626

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...