honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: honking painful zits, blackhead removal

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 pm

damn... this makes me wish i got zits more often. this is so gross, but i used to have gnarly acne and i loooved popping my zits. now all i ever get are the occasional cystic zit that wont pop :( sorry.. im a little obsessed. i think i should have been a dermatologist.
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby hellacioush on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:56 pm

just_icarus wrote:
hellacioush wrote:i think preparation H has witch hazel in it doesnt it? thats my big thing- witch hazel. also tea tree oil. i actually put about 15 drops of tea tree oil in a bottle of witch hazel and use that as toner. (just shake it up before you use it to mix up the oil!) it works great and makes your skin feel soooo much cleaner.

for anyone considering this as a toner, if you have dry skin make sure you have a good moisturizer as well. witch hazel and tea tree oil can be harsh on dry/sensitive skin.

that's probably true, if you have dry or sensitive skin. for those with really super oily skin, like me, it works wonders!
hellacioush
DIY Demon

Postby poorandweird on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:32 pm

BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna wrote:damn... this makes me wish i got zits more often. this is so gross, but i used to have gnarly acne and i loooved popping my zits. now all i ever get are the occasional cystic zit that wont pop :( sorry.. im a little obsessed. i think i should have been a dermatologist.

Me too girl! I've actually been known to pop other people's zits too. Gross right?!
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby KelleyCarnivore on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:55 pm

do what i did...become an esthetician. it's much less schooling than a dermatologist, but you can work with them in their office, in a spa, or a medispa. You do facials, waxing, body exfoliation, chemical peels, laser hair removal(or tattoo removal)

(my schooling was just 6 months)
tattoo and makeup artist, body piercer,crafter & framboise loving lady from the deep south.

AAA tattoo, Lafayette, LA.
KelleyCarnivore
You deserve an award......

Postby poorandweird on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:56 pm

secretly i think i'd love being a waxer =S
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby stephgabriele on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:03 pm

No matter what I do, when I try the blackhead thing with the safety pin I always get worse acne. Even if I clean my skin afterward. Who knows, maybe I was just meant to have acne, haha.
stephgabriele
You deserve an award......

Postby kellieperson on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:47 pm

deviant_behaviour wrote:this might sound gross as but does anyone get clogged pores between their boobs? i think its from wearing bras that push them together the skin doesn't get to breath much. is there any way to sort these out? if i try and sqeeze them the skin goes all patchy-red and its hard to explain to my boyfriend without grossing him out.

anyone got tips on this? i get em too =/
"Having regrets means you didn't learn anything."
kellieperson
PRD Professor!

Postby ishyscreations on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am

I do both of these on my poor hubby all the time! They really work.
ishyscreations

Postby TechnicolorGirl on Sat May 23, 2009 3:45 pm

I add something here that'll help you prevent getting blackheads. I read a book called, "Blue Eyeshadow should be illegal" by Paula Begoun. She explains that ingredients in cleansers & moisturizers cause blackheads. If Isopropyl mystrate (sp?) is one of the first few ingredients in the product your gonna get blackheads from it.

I used to go for facials at Elizabeth Grady and they kept selling me this product that had Isopropyl mystrate as the first ingredient in it. I havent been back there since. Evil marketing, eh?

Another thing that works great for blackheads is hygrogen peroxide, put it on a cotton ball and rub over them, it will bleach em. WATCH out for your eyebrows & hairline, it'll bleach them too! Don't do it everyday.

One more skin trick, exfloiate with baking soda. Use a tablespoon of it with a lil bit of water and make a paste.

This is my first post, hope it helps someone out!
Pam
TechnicolorGirl

Postby Alka on Sat May 23, 2009 4:28 pm

^^That's really helpful, thank you!!

I shall remember that ingredient. I like learning about naughty ingredients.
Fuck this.
Alka
PRD Professor!

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Sat May 23, 2009 4:35 pm

TechnicolorGirl wrote:I add something here that'll help you prevent getting blackheads. I read a book called, "Blue Eyeshadow should be illegal" by Paula Begoun. She explains that ingredients in cleansers & moisturizers cause blackheads. If Isopropyl mystrate (sp?) is one of the first few ingredients in the product your gonna get blackheads from it.

I used to go for facials at Elizabeth Grady and they kept selling me this product that had Isopropyl mystrate as the first ingredient in it. I havent been back there since. Evil marketing, eh?

Another thing that works great for blackheads is hygrogen peroxide, put it on a cotton ball and rub over them, it will bleach em. WATCH out for your eyebrows & hairline, it'll bleach them too! Don't do it everyday.

One more skin trick, exfloiate with baking soda. Use a tablespoon of it with a lil bit of water and make a paste.

This is my first post, hope it helps someone out!
Pam

Ohh I love Paula Begoun's books!!! She is really helpful when it comes to learning about beauty :)
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby just_icarus on Mon May 25, 2009 5:43 pm

why would exfoliating with baking soda help exactly?

and i'm not sure i'd want to bleach my blackheads... i want them gone haha.

i have issues with clogged pores on my nose, and now that i've got my nose pierced again they're accumulating where i can't scrub and it's gross-looking because they kind of stick out. little white thingies popping out. grossssssssss
destroy / create
just_icarus
PRD Professor!

Postby BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna on Mon May 25, 2009 6:14 pm

just_icarus wrote:why would exfoliating with baking soda help exactly?

and i'm not sure i'd want to bleach my blackheads... i want them gone haha.

i have issues with clogged pores on my nose, and now that i've got my nose pierced again they're accumulating where i can't scrub and it's gross-looking because they kind of stick out. little white thingies popping out. grossssssssss

ooo baking soda is like poor man's microdermabrasion!!! Its the greatest!!!!! its less than a dollar for a box, the particles are finer and scrub better but arent harsh.... whats not to love?!?!?!
oh and I have that nose piercing clogged pore issue too... its so gross :(
BluDDie_Nukkles_Zanna
PRD Professor!

Postby kissmycombatboots on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:56 pm

i'm surprised this is still active!
what i do for my booby pores is take an antibacterial wash to them in the shower, and use a loofa sponge in all sorts of directions. it will keep the clogged pores at bay for about 24 hours [on me, at least... i'm pretty oily] and by then, it's time for another shower.
and i forgot to mention, for blackheads use the smallest size safety pin that still shows you the blackhead's center. anything bigger won't help as much.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Previous

Return to On the lam...