Bounce fabric sheets (mosquitoes be gone)

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Bounce fabric sheets (mosquitoes be gone)

Postby vampee on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 am

This may sound weird but I have been told that bounce fabric sheets help repel mosquitoes. I tried it and it seemed to work for me and my kids. We would just tuck some in our pockets and belts and so on. I also have heard that Avons "Skin so Soft" oil spray and lotion works. The little bracelet things they sell at Wal-Mart that smell like citronella work wonders foer keeping the little buggers off. I know this is the end of summer but it may help some of you for next year!
You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere."~~~Buddha
vampee

Postby Max on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:22 am

Anything to repel mosquitos, anywhere south of the mason-dixon line is always most appreciated! thank ye, Ma'am.
Also, I use unscented bounce sheets to clean my cats. Yeah, I know, Cats are clean animals, right? Well, I'm mildly allergic to one of my Kitty's dander. A couple of swipes with unscented bounce seems to take care of the dander.
Max
PRD Professor!

Postby wethinklifesascam on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:41 pm

You have no clue how much I want to hug you for this tip lol :) Bugs find me very delicious (I've found out there's a study that has been done saying most blood sucking and biting bugs are attracted to pale, blonde haired, blue eyed children..) and anything to keep them away is GREATLY appreciated :)
wethinklifesascam
DIY Demon

Postby supervelma on Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:39 pm

to test this out, I sprayed one arm and leg with store bought bug spray and rubbed down one arm and leg with a fabric softener sheet - no bites on either arm - I'm sticking with the Bounce sheets from now on - they're cheaper and they smell better - thanks for the tip, you saved my lif... or at least lots of my blood!
supervelma

Postby vampee on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:35 pm

your welcome babe 8)
You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere."~~~Buddha
vampee

Re: Bounce fabric sheets (mosquitoes be gone)

Postby Fuck_Authority on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:03 am

vampee wrote:This may sound weird but I have been told that bounce fabric sheets help repel mosquitoes. I tried it and it seemed to work for me and my kids. We would just tuck some in our pockets and belts and so on. I also have heard that Avons "Skin so Soft" oil spray and lotion works. The little bracelet things they sell at Wal-Mart that smell like citronella work wonders foer keeping the little buggers off. I know this is the end of summer but it may help some of you for next year!

yea and if you do get a mosquito bite just put men's speed stick on it, it'll stop iching.
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby Applecore on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:36 pm

I consider mosquitoes the New Jersey state bird. They're nasty. I'm so trying this.
Waiting here for someone under this New Jersey sky.
http://www.myspace.com/glittermisfit
Applecore
DIY Demon

Re:

Postby DumpsterDiver on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm

wethinklifesascam wrote:You have no clue how much I want to hug you for this tip lol :) Bugs find me very delicious (I've found out there's a study that has been done saying most blood sucking and biting bugs are attracted to pale, blonde haired, blue eyed children..) and anything to keep them away is GREATLY appreciated :)

they also love dark skinned, brown haired, hazel eyed, half sri lankan girls. unfortunately.lol
DIY. You don't have to buy what you need: make it, take it, find it or swap with friends
http://www.myspace.com/lintytoast
DumpsterDiver
You deserve an award......

Re:

Postby dinotoria on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:31 pm

wethinklifesascam wrote:You have no clue how much I want to hug you for this tip lol :) Bugs find me very delicious (I've found out there's a study that has been done saying most blood sucking and biting bugs are attracted to pale, blonde haired, blue eyed children..) and anything to keep them away is GREATLY appreciated :)

i have noticed that when i'm outside with my family my little brother (being blonde haired and blue eyed) gets bitten a LOT more than anyone else.

a couple of weeks ago i was camping and my aunt said she'd read that spraying mouthwash around the area you're in will help repel mosquitoes as well. :)

I always like more friends!
Facebook
Myspace
dinotoria
PRD Professor!

Postby sapphire_distortion on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:48 am

I just tried this the other night, and I got less bites than usual but still got bites :( The mosquitoes down here are AWFUL, I can sit outside for 30 minutes at dusk or night and have ten new bites at least. I was outside for several hours after using the Bounce sheets and I had like, 3-4 bites. A significant decrease, but still annoying!
sapphire_distortion
PRD Professor!

Postby Tabbycat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Anyone know anything about using vitamin b to make one less tasty?
Tabbycat
DIY Demon

Postby miss.hell on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:01 pm

^ yes iv'e heard that a b complex vitamin makes you less likely too get bit by fleas and mosquitos, I take and i get bit less, Im going to try the dryer sheet thing with my son who cant take vitamins because hes only 6 mos. plus texas is a bitch when it comes to skeeters and fleas
http://boiledbones.tumblr.com
AIM: misshelltexasoi
miss.hell
PRD Professor!

Postby sdrvenus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:14 pm

THIS IS AWESOME!!! I EFFING HATE MOSQUITOES!!!
“I am suffocated and lost when I have not the bright feeling of progression.”
Margaret Fuller
sdrvenus
You're getting the hang of it!

Return to On the lam...