The multiple uses of stockings......

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: The multiple uses of stockings......

Postby --cooties-- on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:06 am

I was just going to make a post on this!

Last night, I was looking for things to do with my old stockings that I don't wear anymore, and I decided to turn them into hairbands! I just cut off a leg and tied it around my hair like a headband, and viola! I now have plaid, black, and camo hairbands!
X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

my livejournal -- http://www.livejournal.com/~high_school_low

my deviantart-- http://abandonyouridols.deviantart.com

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
--cooties--
DIY Demon

Re: PICTURES

Postby Runyerpockets77 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:50 am

XXobscure_beautyxX wrote:this works for regular panty hose (no fishnets regular nylons) okay all you need is a piece of the hose any color and put it over the lens of your camera and take a picture, the picture will have a softer look and it will have the shade of color that the panty hose was over the image... very cool ive tried it with black(dark side images) , beige (regular matte finish), and white (heavenly) :wink: red and green still looking for those colors... hit me back with pictures if you try this

I did this with red, blue, leopard print, pink, white, orange, green, and black hose! I carry some old knee highs in my purse now! haha. They all look rad cept the red and white (they were rather thick and the picture didn't really come out) the black didn't change the photo, the leopard print left a darker spot, and the orange didn't work...but the rest are magnificent
Runyerpockets77

Postby Xxms.paranoiaxX on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:49 am

Runyerpockets77 wrote:
XXobscure_beautyxX wrote:this works for regular panty hose (no fishnets regular nylons) okay all you need is a piece of the hose any color and put it over the lens of your camera and take a picture, the picture will have a softer look and it will have the shade of color that the panty hose was over the image... very cool ive tried it with black(dark side images) , beige (regular matte finish), and white (heavenly) :wink: red and green still looking for those colors... hit me back with pictures if you try this

I did this with red, blue, leopard print, pink, white, orange, green, and black hose! I carry some old knee highs in my purse now! haha. They all look rad cept the red and white (they were rather thick and the picture didn't really come out) the black didn't change the photo, the leopard print left a darker spot, and the orange didn't work...but the rest are magnificent

wow..that sounds so cool..i think i may just have to go try it :-D
Chale No,We Won't GO!

Tierra y Libertad

http://liquidpoison.livejournal.com/
Xxms.paranoiaxX
PRD Professor!

Postby myfaverachel on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm

With fishnets/lace hose you can cut a 2-3" section out of a thigh to use as a choker. Or you can cut off the lower leg portion, put your hand/arm in it, snip the toe seam, make a small hole for your thumb, and have fishnet armwarmers.
myfaverachel

Re:

Postby Brutus on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Ms Minx wrote:
Raw_Deal wrote:put one over your face and you can rob a liquor store.

SMART ASS!!!!!!!!

Its the first thing I thought off...well... a bank...
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby HaileyEdge on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:34 pm

aha 5 is my favorite :)
Peace&Love
HaileyEdge
HaileyEdge
PRD Professor!

Postby Namsab on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 am

Runyerpockets77 wrote:

I am so going to try that once I get my camera. It sounds like a really cool effect.

And wow, so many ideas for stockings! XD And here I thought they were for your legs...pfeh! stupid me!
Namsab
PRD Professor!

Postby aistreach on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:49 am

Snip off the foot section from an old pair of pantyhose and fill with one cup uncooked oatmeal. Now carefully tie the "oatmeal foot" to the faucet of your tub (you want the water to run through the oatmeal). Now fill the tub and soak away your dry, itchy skin.
aistreach

Postby Fuchsia on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:45 pm

You can use them to make fairy wings!
And I know we have to go, I realize we always have to turn away, always have to go back to real lives
Fuchsia
PRD Professor!

Postby Degeneration on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:17 am

5 - Lose something behind the dresser? Rubber band a nylon toe over the end of your vaccum cleaner hose and it will pick up those lost things without you having to dig thru the bag!

Ok so this pretty much saved my entire life!! I found so much stuff that I thought I lost years ago!!

So clever!!!!

:smt007
We are the Generation. This is the end of Civilization.
Degeneration
DIY Demon

Postby Charley on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:28 pm

If you cant reach your back with the soap in the shower.. you can put bar soap in a leg, tying it in on both ends.. and then pull back and forth across your back.

this is genius!

and i tried out the camera lens effect with skin colour tights with the camera in sepia setting:
i appear to have lost my camera =[ so i had a go with my webcam instead!

(the top one is done with nylon stocking over the top)
i can see how this would work a lot better for digital photographs =3

pardon how orrible i look. i just got back from a bastard fairies gig in oxford ;/
Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
Charley

Postby nobodysdarling on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 am

Runyerpockets77 wrote:

if you don't mind, could you post some pictures of these effects?? or PM me one or two? im so curious as to how they turn out, and my camera is being serviced so I cant check it out for myself! :-)
nobodysdarling
PRD Professor!

Postby Runyerpockets77 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:04 am

These are all of em I took...

Blue Fishnets

Pink Tights...

White...

Black..

LIME GREEN...

Leopard Print...
Runyerpockets77

Postby nobodysdarling on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 am

that is awesome!! pink tights and lime green are my favorite! the black is pretty cool too. thanks for posting pics, I will have fun with this when my camera is fixed!!
nobodysdarling
PRD Professor!

Postby Brutus on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:39 am

My skinhead flatmate puts a sock on his hand, and then puts a black stocking over it for polisihing his boots.
Brutus
PRD Professor!

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...