The multiple uses of stockings......

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

The multiple uses of stockings......

Postby Ms Minx on Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:02 pm

I've notivced several random things in different places. I thought I'd bring it all together....

Namely - for stocking - those god-awful suntan nylon ones? Well - they do have some use.

1 - cut the toes off and slide them over your toes before you put on your fishnets. Stops your toes from poking through!

2 - Great for polishing shoes - you get a really high shine with nylons.

3 - Wiping deodorant marks off clothing

4 - Cut off 1/2 leg and rubber-band it to the hose that water leaves your washing machine with (you know - the hose that runs into the laundry sink?) Good lord, I hope I'm explaining that correctly, I've been using the laundromat for the past 7 years now!!!!! Anyway, it collect miscellaneous lint and stops your drain from clogging.

5 - Lose something behind the dresser? Rubber band a nylon toe over the end of your vaccum cleaner hose and it will pick up those lost things without you having to dig thru the bag!
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby theapathetical1 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:08 pm

5 - Lose something behind the dresser? Rubber band a nylon toe over the end of your vaccum cleaner hose and it will pick up those lost things without you having to dig thru the bag!

haha oh that's a brilliant idea...no more trying to move the dresser for me! thanks ms minx.
theapathetical1
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby TrixyTrisell on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:52 pm

6) cut a whole leg off, and put potoatoes in it one by one tie it off after each one. It will keep them from growing. you can also do this for onions.
TrixyTrisell
You deserve an award......

Postby Janie Hawk on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:18 pm

TrixyTrisell wrote:6) cut a whole leg off, and put potoatoes in it one by one tie it off after each one. It will keep them from growing. you can also do this for onions.

WOW! I had NO idea. I'm definitely going to have to try that. I end up with bins full of sprouting onions and potatoes.
Disciple in the Church of Slack
Janie Hawk
PRD Professor!

Postby sycho in the saddle on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:05 pm

OOOh. I like the fishnet and polishing idea. HURRAY FOR NYLONS!
sycho in the saddle
PRD Professor!

Postby HedPunk on Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:11 pm

Ms Minx, where do u get all this, and all the other tips????
u google them or do u just know them?? :wink:
:D
*Oh no!! my vanilla cookie crashed!!*
HedPunk

Postby JellybeanQueen on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:08 am

theyre also great for people with sensitive skin who love costume jewelry! just cut a bit big enough to cover the back of whatever bit is irritating your skin, and glue it in place. simple as that.
JellybeanQueen
PRD Professor!

LOL......

Postby Ms Minx on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:23 pm

HedPunk wrote:Ms Minx, where do u get all this, and all the other tips????

Some I get from watching 'How clean is your house' - that was where I learned the vacum cleaner trick. The deoderant post was posted elsewhere on here and I wanted to consolidate. Others I've just picked up over the years. I've been stuck in so many places with such limited resources - that I got resourceful.
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby HedPunk on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:08 pm

Cool, so, now you're 'old(er)' and wise, learning us stuff you picked up!!
Well, I'll say: thank you!!!!! :D
Within a year I'll move out, and I'll go living in the south of the Netherlands (I live in the north right now), with no parents around *YEAH!!!! This is where we do it for!!*, and taking care of myself, with your wise tips!! :D

BTW, you never get sick by watching 'how clean is your house'?? (the Dutch version is a hell sometimes... stinky people!)

X *thnx again!*
*Oh no!! my vanilla cookie crashed!!*
HedPunk

Re: LOL......

Postby Zombie_Emma on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:34 am

Ms Minx wrote:
HedPunk wrote:Ms Minx, where do u get all this, and all the other tips????

Some I get from watching 'How clean is your house' - that was where I learned the vacum cleaner trick. The deoderant post was posted elsewhere on here and I wanted to consolidate. Others I've just picked up over the years. I've been stuck in so many places with such limited resources - that I got resourceful.

I watched that episode. Quite gross, and how they found all that dosh, i wish i had that much money to just throw around.

7) cant find a hair lacky? Cut up strips, its not really an all year use, but it keeps for the meantime.
My mum used to use old stockings to cut up when i was little and wanted my hair platted (plaited? cant spell for a bag of bananas)
Zombie_Emma
DIY Demon

Postby crystal secretin on Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:07 pm

8) if someone is going to beat you up, fill the very bottom of one leg with rocks or change or something hard and you've got a stretchy, swinging weapon. this has worked.
crystal secretin

also....

Postby Ms Minx on Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:09 pm

easy to throw lavender into them - or whatever yummy smelling flowery stuff you like -and stick into drawers...
(ps - to the post above - tube socks work better)
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Re: also....

Postby Xine on Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Ms Minx wrote:easy to throw lavender into them - or whatever yummy smelling flowery stuff you like -and stick into drawers...
(ps - to the post above - tube socks work better)

My grandma used to make little sachets out of old stockings all the time. They always smelled sooo good.
Xine
PRD Professor!

Postby morguegurl on Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:52 pm

ha my grandma had a potato barrel and she ALWAYS kept them in nylons.. i never knew why until now
morguegurl

PICTURES

Postby XXobscure_beautyxX on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 am

this works for regular panty hose (no fishnets regular nylons) okay all you need is a piece of the hose any color and put it over the lens of your camera and take a picture, the picture will have a softer look and it will have the shade of color that the panty hose was over the image... very cool ive tried it with black(dark side images) , beige (regular matte finish), and white (heavenly) :wink: red and green still looking for those colors... hit me back with pictures if you try this
...you come out at night
that's when the energy comes
in the dark side's light...
XXobscure_beautyxX

Next

Return to On the lam...