Substitute Teaching = Easy $$$

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Substitute Teaching = Easy $$$

Postby adictedtolove77 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 am

xZOMBIEx wrote:over here you just have to take a test lol

I highly doubt that since it was already said you said to have your Bachelor's degree and pass the CBEST to be a substitute in CA.
I mean unless your not from CA anymore...
Okay, ramblers, let's get rambling.
http://www.pressedandscrewed.com
adictedtolove77
PRD Professor!

Postby windingo on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:48 am

adictedtolove77 wrote:

I highly doubt that since it was already said you said to have your Bachelor's degree and pass the CBEST to be a substitute in CA.

i thought you just had to pass the cbest to be a sub. and you needed a bachelors and the cbest in order to take the cset to become a teacher. i could be wrong. i work at an elementary school and ill ask tomorrow... i dont feel like looking it up right now.
windingo
DIY Demon

Postby xZOMBIEx on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:50 pm

windingo wrote:
adictedtolove77 wrote:

i thought you just had to pass the cbest to be a sub. and you needed a bachelors and the cbest in order to take the cset to become a teacher. i could be wrong. i work at an elementary school and ill ask tomorrow... i dont feel like looking it up right now.

well thats what my friend did. and his a sub
ImageImage
xZOMBIEx
You deserve an award......

Postby Kristen on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 am

xZOMBIEx wrote:well thats what my friend did. and his a sub

My boyfriend's sister became a substitute teacher for an elementary school in California before she became a teacher. Before they allowed her to get her substitute teaching credentials or whatever it is, she had to show proof of a bachelor's degree (any subject), show passing CBEST test scores and then pay the fees, get fingerprinted and I think she had to have a TB test done.

http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl505p.pdf
Kristen

Postby Vampira13 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:09 am

Chaosbean wrote:my worry is knowing how evil I could be to subs...

i mean, I was a good kid and I was EVIL to subs...

ohhh lord yeah. i was downright rotten to subs. Looking back on it makes me feel terrible, but yikes. I completely forgot about how rough that must be.
Side note, this thread makes me think of a sub i always had that had a lazy eye and a lisp. Plus his face was all scarred up by his bad eye, and he would always bring in his snakes in a canvas bag. Bless his heart, cus he put up with a lot of shit. Okay. Tangent over. Haha.
Vampira13

Postby NuclearFlower on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Hmmmm....I would never want to sub.....

Just because....I know how kids are. I'm still in high school....I'm one of those kids. We'll throw shit at the sub when he/she is turned around, when they read off the names we'll totally switch that shit around and say 'here' for different people and try to be the WORST student ever, unplug shit so when they try to turn it on it doesn't work and they have to plug it in and look stupid AHAHHAH ahhhhh I love subs.

Two of the best sub times:
My friend and I acted like we fucking hated each other, cussed each other from across the room, and I got up, she threw a paper wad at me, and we got into this HUUUUUUUUGE fake fight, flipping desks over, pushing each other, screaming, oh god and the sub was all "stop stop!!!!" and called the principal...when he came we flipped the desks back and sat back down and said we sorted it out.

Next would be when I talked my friend into fainting in front of the sub (same friend, diff sub), and she acted sick the whole time, went up to the sub asking to go to the office, and totally FAINTED (fake of course) right in front of her, totally hit the floor, the sub fucking tripped out and started yelling "OH MY GOD" and tried to revive my friend........and my friend busted UP laughing and so did the class. Yeah....we didn't get a good report when our real teacher came the next day....
I used to be EyelinerAndOi :)
NuclearFlower
DIY Demon

Postby sarahXedge on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:16 pm

we had one regular sub who eventually became a full time teacher for our last year at highschool before he decided he was better off working in the mines (probably becouse you can earn a teachers annual salery in 3 months, we like to think it was us). he used to confront my mates and I daily on how it wasnt appropriate that I be the only girl with 4 guys. that people would talk. so we used to play on it. mostely just talk. other teachers including our head year teacher got in on giving him a hard time to.
GLITTER....THE HERPES OF THE CRAFTWORLD.

http://sarahjaneinnes.blogspot.com/
sarahXedge
PRD Professor!

Postby NikkiNockers on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:07 pm

It always weirded me out when I knew the subs, it was even weirder to have partied with some of the subs I had in highschool. Or to have hooked up with one of the subs.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio they all drive me crazy
NikkiNockers
PRD Professor!

Postby LauraJ on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm

im subbing now b/c i just graduated and wont find a full time teaching job til next fall. in IL you have to have your bachelors degree and you have to get a sub certificate, but its not too hard to get. its awesome though because some schools pay up to $120 a day, but most of the chicago public schools are more around $85-$90. still pretty decent money and its really easy!
LauraJ

Postby tague on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm

LauraJ wrote:im subbing now b/c i just graduated and wont find a full time teaching job til next fall. in IL you have to have your bachelors degree and you have to get a sub certificate, but its not too hard to get. its awesome though because some schools pay up to $120 a day, but most of the chicago public schools are more around $85-$90. still pretty decent money and its really easy!

wait, does it have to be an education bachelors or can it be a regular bachelor's?
tague
PRD Professor!

Postby dirtyrottenlove on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:51 pm

I dont know if i mentioned this but these were the requirements for the district in jersey that i just got hired:

60+ college credits
-application
-$7 money order for "administrative paper processing fees"
-hour orientation
-$70.25 for fingerprinting and background check (takes ~3 weeks)
-physical, drug test
-$125 for the certification!

anddddd it pays:
$84 / day (high school or elementary)
$95 / day for special needs
-$20 extra a day if you pick up lunch duty!

I cant wait! Im so excited!
booooooooo-ya!
dirtyrottenlove
PRD Professor!

Postby MissJackalopeCity on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Rad! I'm excited for you Helen!

All of my friends who sub say it's WAY easy money.
MissJackalopeCity

Postby LauraJ on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:56 pm

tague wrote:
LauraJ wrote:im subbing now b/c i just graduated and wont find a full time teaching job til next fall. in IL you have to have your bachelors degree and you have to get a sub certificate, but its not too hard to get. its awesome though because some schools pay up to $120 a day, but most of the chicago public schools are more around $85-$90. still pretty decent money and its really easy!

wait, does it have to be an education bachelors or can it be a regular bachelor's?

just a regular bachelors degree. I got my bachelors in art, and i sub in all kinds of classes. if you want to sub and have your bachelors just apply for a sub certificate. http://www.isbe.state.il.us/chicago/html/substitute.htm
thats where it tells you how to do it, its kinda bogus b/c you have to pay $50 but I its worth it in the end
LauraJ

Postby MissJackalopeCity on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 pm

NikkiNockers wrote:It always weirded me out when I knew the subs, it was even weirder to have partied with some of the subs I had in highschool. Or to have hooked up with one of the subs.

I totally dated one of my subs from high school after I graduated from college. Still awkward.
MissJackalopeCity

Postby KommaderofKaos on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 am

Helen,

I think that I told you that Ill be moving back to Jersey soon and I would like to sign up for subbing as well once I get the credits that I need. I have a couple of questions for you.
Would you happen to know:
1. If the college credits that I earned in Philadelphia would apply even if they do not transfer back to my school in Jersey?
2. Any college credits as long as it is a 100 level+ course?
3. If your Associates degree requires you to obtain 64?
KommaderofKaos

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...