Random uses for stuff

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Random uses for stuff

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 pm

rainaraven wrote:I did remember earlier why i keep a lot of baking soda around though - grease fire! just a tiny flare up when i spilled a bit of burger grease on the stove no biggie, all cleaned up.

That is especially fabulous to know.
BellezzaImpavida

Postby rainaraven on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 am

BellezzaImpavida wrote:
rainaraven wrote:I did remember earlier why i keep a lot of baking soda around though - grease fire! just a tiny flare up when i spilled a bit of burger grease on the stove no biggie, all cleaned up.

which? that baking soda puts out the fire or that i had a flare up? :wink:
rainaraven
PRD Professor!

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 pm

rainaraven wrote:
BellezzaImpavida wrote:

which? that baking soda puts out the fire or that i had a flare up? :wink:

Umm...yes? ;D
BellezzaImpavida

Postby ViscidVillette on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm not trying to start a flare up of the menstrual blood and scat type. I know some visual pictures bother ppl, if so, you may not want to read the rest.

but, umm, lots of people use shit. Its a huge fertilizer in Asia (I know, I know, underdeveloped primitive blah blah blah) called night soil, (and back in the day as well, why else would you need a moon and star cutout on the outhouse, unless you needed the moon to shine through since you took dumps at night when it was less stinky and hence the name....but thats off subject)and w hippies (humanure. for real.... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=humanure ) and the only real issue besides the mental hang.up (not that im dogging your mental hangups, that sort of thing may have kept us alive and kicking this long, dont eat the green stuff, right?) is making sure you disrupt the parasite lifecycle, since you'd be eating the food fertilized with it, and that bug could use you as a host. which is why you let it sit, besides the fact that it will burn your plants. (theres a lady that sells compost microbes, like the stuff to make alchohol, cheese, yogurt, not that its all the same enzymes and such, and she sells night soil microbial starter.) kinda like rotating herd animals, or putting lice infested clothes in isolation.
I know shit is gross, but when you think about it, food fertilized with "commercial" fertilizers has molecules that were once petroleum, which is pretty gross as well. But then again, all that has molecular bits of sunshine, so we can all piss butterscotch and drop rainbows down the tube.
I'm excited about this breastmilk stuff, I was going to start pumping and taking fenugreek extract just so I could use them as squirtguns, but skin rashes? contact lens solution? SCONES?!?!?! o yes, breastpump here I come!
And miss.hell, bodywash, just lather, rinse, repeat? or bathe IN it, like, sit in a bath of water to which youve leaked? hows it work? we could save tampons and make a sort of compost tes.....
ViscidVillette

Postby Pop Culture Whore on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 pm

When I'm out for the night and notice something in my teeth I can't get out, I pull out a few strands of hair and use it as dental floss. Not the best, but at least you don't have crap in your teeth.

Cigarette smoke will cover up any smell (as long as you don't mind the smell of cigarettes). I did this when my cat was sick and threw up in the living room every day for a week (i took him to the vet; he's better now). And I'm sure you all know about lighting matches in the bathroom.
when i got the music, well i gotta place to go
Pop Culture Whore
You deserve an award......

Previous

Return to On the lam...