All those half full waterbottles?

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: All those half full waterbottles?

Postby Soy Borracha on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

At work, since we only have coffee in the winter months, but we have a water cooler so I just use my coffee cup! Since it's insulated it keeps the water cold and I don't waste the cups for customers or use hella bottles of water. Granted if it's a jillion degrees out even the insulation on the cup won't keep it cold forever...
Soy Borracha

Postby MotherNaturesRevenge on Sun May 24, 2009 5:34 pm

i really shouldn't but i usually just drink tap water...i'm living in nm and that's the worst, but fuck it i hate that my fam' buys those 20 packs of water bottle every week and we don't have plastic recycling in this small town. the water is not only highly flouridated as it is is everywhere else in the states, but in new mexico it's got a ton of minerals which over time leads to kidney stones. i have basically an adult sized sippy cup in plastic that i drink out of at work and mix my powered gatorade mix in 'cause i have to be on a diaretic from some health probs.
MotherNaturesRevenge
You deserve an award......

Postby MotherNaturesRevenge on Sun May 24, 2009 5:35 pm

i think you can use the bottoms of water bottle for planters...i know they do that stuff in 4th grade elementary classes and i think you could see if you could donate it.
MotherNaturesRevenge

Postby Benson on Sun May 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Chaosbean wrote:
It's a little better for the environment if we get a few uses out of each bottle.

Its really not good for your body to reuse the water bottles, they aren't made to be reused and leak toxins into the water. I'm not saying don't reuse the bottles, I'm saying don't reuse them for drinking water.

Better bet for consumption, an aluminum water bottle.

[Edit] Wrong website.
But, anyway, at least to a certain extent, aluminum is thought to contribute to developing Alzheimer's.

Regardless, there are negative health effects whichever way you decide to go.
Benson

Postby Brutus on Sun May 24, 2009 9:04 pm

As you all know my profession, I drink LOTS of water there. I have a 3/4 gallon bottle that I fill half way and throw in the freezer the day before work, and fill it up the rest of the way in the morning. It also has an insulated sleeve that goes over it. Then I also have a 1.5 gallon bottle thats insulated that I fill to the brim in the morning. Plus two 500 ml bottles in my lunch can. Thats usually all gone within a day. And I dont pee once. Especially when its hott outside.
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby Ms Minx on Mon May 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Fill it with tap water, put the lid on, and put one in your toilet tank. It means that you're not using SO much water when you flush -- the bottle takes up some of the extra space in the tank so it doesn't refill all the way.
:)
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby Benson on Mon May 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Ms Minx wrote:Fill it with tap water, put the lid on, and put one in your toilet tank. It means that you're not using SO much water when you flush -- the bottle takes up some of the extra space in the tank so it doesn't refill all the way.

I really like that idea.
Benson

Postby Putrefied on Mon May 25, 2009 4:33 pm

We have excellent tap water in Germany, and it's already expensive enough, so I hardly ever buy bottled water.
Just when I'm outside and it's really hot and I need water...
Putrefied

Postby kisszombies on Tue May 26, 2009 12:16 am

adictedtolove77 wrote:Am i the only one who drinks my mystery water? I mean it is just water. Whatever i don't drink out of bottles I stick in the fridge and drink them again.

i drink the mystery water!!!!
kisszombies
PRD Professor!

Postby MotherNaturesRevenge on Tue May 26, 2009 12:32 am

kisszombies wrote:
adictedtolove77 wrote:Am i the only one who drinks my mystery water? I mean it is just water. Whatever i don't drink out of bottles I stick in the fridge and drink them again.

i drink the mystery water!!!!

i was thinking that same thing...i like the taste of room temperature. preferably in a glass, but it's still water and whatever you think you're gonna' get from that water you're going to get in the air anyways.
MotherNaturesRevenge

Postby MooMooMonster on Tue May 26, 2009 12:36 am

Mystery water scares me. I often have mystery water in my car and not only am I freaked out by the fact that it smells like a goldfish lived in it, but there are a bunch of nasty toxins that seep out of the plastic at high heats.

I water plants with my mystery waters.

Ms Minx wrote:Fill it with tap water, put the lid on, and put one in your toilet tank. It means that you're not using SO much water when you flush -- the bottle takes up some of the extra space in the tank so it doesn't refill all the way.

Oh I've heard of that before but filling the bottle with pebbles.
MooMooMonster
PRD Professor!

Postby poorandweird on Tue May 26, 2009 11:55 am

I've heard horror stories from various people about re using bottles and finding their water turning green; if that happened i definitely would throw the bottle out.

We re use our plastic bottles to keep in the fridge (just tap water, but it's better cold) but i think we throw ours out every week or every fortnight.
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby kisszombies on Tue May 26, 2009 12:39 pm

poorandweird wrote:I've heard horror stories from various people about re using bottles and finding their water turning green; if that happened i definitely would throw the bottle out.

We re use our plastic bottles to keep in the fridge (just tap water, but it's better cold) but i think we throw ours out every week or every fortnight.

the only time i havent drank the mystery water was when i found a yr old re-used water bottle in my locker at school and it had mold growing in the water....... erhm ya i dont drink it if there are visible creatures in there.
kisszombies
PRD Professor!

Postby Brutus on Tue May 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Putrefied wrote:We have excellent tap water in Germany, and it's already expensive enough, so I hardly ever buy bottled water.
Just when I'm outside and it's really hot and I need water...

yea\... but... rattlers... ya needa buy stuff to make rattlers (im totally unsure of the spelling. But I spent many mornings drinking those.)
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby IrishAbsinthe on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:08 am

I totally reuse mine. I fill them up and stick them in my little awesome minifridge. Most of the time though, they end up being emptied into the kitties water bowls because I hate being super careful from the sink back to the room with many spills in between.
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
IrishAbsinthe

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...