getting out of a ticket

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby DrGirlfriend on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 pm

a few months ago i was driving down the expressway on my way home, and of course, i got pulled over. i rolled down my window, when i hear the cop car's speaker saying "STEP OUT OF THE CAR". (by the way, i have absolutely no clue why i'm being pulled over), then he says "STEP INTO THE COP CAR" (by this point i'm scared to death). so i'm sitting in a cop car, and i finally find out why i'm being pulled over - EXPIRED TAG. i sit in the cops car for about 45 minutes, while he lectures me about life and tries giving me advice.

it was the most ridiculous experience ever- but i guess i didn't get a ticket because i endured his ramblings about what he thinks I should do with MY life.
DrGirlfriend
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby PsychoWreckingPit on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 am

The third time I was pulled over (speeding) I started having an anxiety attack and the cop I guess felt bad and he let me go. And like a week later I saw him at walmart, I walked up to him and thanked him because I was already on probation and if he would have gave me another ticket id'a been arrested. So thats that story.
Image
User avatar
PsychoWreckingPit
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby GrimKitten on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 pm

When I was about 8 months pregnant, my husband and I were headed out for something, and he regretted to notice the speed limit drops by 20 mph pretty quickly and he was already speeding, so of course we got pulled over for going like, 50 in a 25. As the cop walked up, I all of a sudden realized I REALLY had to pee...the cop looks in the car, sees I'm VERY pregnant and have a panicked look on my face (because I was worried I'd pee myself) and sent us on our way. Apparently he thought I was in labor, and my husband still thanks me for going along with that and getting him out of one hell of a speeding ticket!

...although, now that I look back on it I can't believe he was driving like that when I was pregnant. Pssh.
You can't have CRAP without RAP!
GrimKitten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:14 am
Location: Maine...that's where the fun is at!

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby KyleMaoin on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Whenever you're visiting somewhere (especially a place you rarely go) and you get a fine for something it's always easy because you never have to pay it since you're never around. Is it the same for traffic tickets or do they come after you/count towards anything?
User avatar
KyleMaoin
DIY Demon
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:19 pm
Location: Charlottetown, PEI

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby melodymagnum on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:03 pm

DrGirlfriend wrote:a few months ago i was driving down the expressway on my way home, and of course, i got pulled over. i rolled down my window, when i hear the cop car's speaker saying "STEP OUT OF THE CAR". (by the way, i have absolutely no clue why i'm being pulled over), then he says "STEP INTO THE COP CAR" (by this point i'm scared to death). so i'm sitting in a cop car, and i finally find out why i'm being pulled over - EXPIRED TAG. i sit in the cops car for about 45 minutes, while he lectures me about life and tries giving me advice.

it was the most ridiculous experience ever- but i guess i didn't get a ticket because i endured his ramblings about what he thinks I should do with MY life.


I would have been very arrested had that happened to me. i trust NO man. if i was driving and i got pulled over and a cop asked me to get out of my car, id say no, call for back up of a female officer. i would never ever under any circumstances get out of a car for some strange man, badge or not. legally this is your right and if they feel they have reasonable thoughts, like you have something in your car, you can ask them to follow you/you follow them to the nearest precinct. Its wayyy too easy to just buy a cop uniform and fake it.
~Melody Magnum~
User avatar
melodymagnum
DIY Demon
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby caseystilletto on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:16 pm

KyleMaoin wrote:Whenever you're visiting somewhere (especially a place you rarely go) and you get a fine for something it's always easy because you never have to pay it since you're never around. Is it the same for traffic tickets or do they come after you/count towards anything?


Around here it is...one of my friends got pulled over in a bumfuck nowhere little town in west Texas and got a ticket. Turns out she couldn't just mail them a check to pay it off, she had to go there in person. I would imagine it lingers on your driving record, even if you evade paying it..which you shouldn't cause losing your license would be bad news bears.
User avatar
caseystilletto
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: 214/972 TX

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby Mistrust on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 am

If you are ever in Texas, don't do anything wrong. Period. I always heard that, but a week ago my husband got a ticket. It was $300 for not coming to a *complete* stop at a stop sign. On a deserted street. I wish I was with him, I am usually such a better negotiator than he is. I mean, he has a clean driving record, and has never been in trouble ever. I think he should have had a warning.
Image Give me a chance to shine, and I'll blind the world
User avatar
Mistrust
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby halloweenxheart on Mon May 18, 2009 5:15 pm

i got my bf out of a ticket by being hawt. lawl jk, the guy was just nice. some cops dont suck.
The system might have got you but it won't get me!
http://halloweenxheart.tumblr.com/
User avatar
halloweenxheart
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:51 am
Location: illannoying

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby classactcat on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Some helpful hints that also work:

1) Pretend you have to shit REALLY REALLY badly. Tears work. Bodily functions always elicit some sort of sympathy. Act like you're about to drop a deuce and you're speeding to find the nearest bathroom.

2) Pretend you were being followed. This only works if you've recently passed an exit. Tell him you had been followed by a tan sedan with (insert your state) plates, with the male driver making lewd gestures at you. Tell him you were driving to get to a public place to escape the creepy man following you. And tell him that you tried to avoid him by hopping off and then getting back on the highway at the last exit. Ask him if he would accompany you back to the exit and wait for the tan sedan. Tell him you were sorry but you were scared.

3) Tell him you were speeding because you found your husband in bed with another woman, or your lover in bed with another woman, or whatever, this morning and you were trying to clear your head while you headed to a girlfriends house in (town over). Tell him you were sorry and you didnt realize how fast you were going before telling him you will be more careful in the future.
User avatar
classactcat
DIY Demon
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby graveyard rabies on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm

two winters ago i was on my way home from school and i slid on black ice into a ditch and had to pay for that, then two days later on my way back to school i got pulled over for speeding and was told i was doing 85 in a 65. now i know i tend to speed but that time it was bullshit, i know i had actually been going 60 because i was trying to get off at an exit and had been going under the speed limit for about a mile because i was stuck behind a car and was getting annoyed.
-Darling Brittany

"I was going to say homewrecker but skydiver is way more positive, probably safer."
-Weeds
User avatar
graveyard rabies
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Your Grave

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 am

graveyard rabies wrote:two winters ago i was on my way home from school and i slid on black ice into a ditch and had to pay for that, then two days later on my way back to school i got pulled over for speeding and was told i was doing 85 in a 65. now i know i tend to speed but that time it was bullshit, i know i had actually been going 60 because i was trying to get off at an exit and had been going under the speed limit for about a mile because i was stuck behind a car and was getting annoyed.


Stupid po-lice. Did they still give you the ticket? Was a murderous rampage in there anywhere?
BellezzaImpavida
 

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby graveyard rabies on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:04 am

BellezzaImpavida wrote:
graveyard rabies wrote:two winters ago i was on my way home from school and i slid on black ice into a ditch and had to pay for that, then two days later on my way back to school i got pulled over for speeding and was told i was doing 85 in a 65. now i know i tend to speed but that time it was bullshit, i know i had actually been going 60 because i was trying to get off at an exit and had been going under the speed limit for about a mile because i was stuck behind a car and was getting annoyed.


Stupid po-lice. Did they still give you the ticket? Was a murderous rampage in there anywhere?


yeah, i still got a tickets. and i didnt even try arguing with him because i figured itd just make it worse.
-Darling Brittany

"I was going to say homewrecker but skydiver is way more positive, probably safer."
-Weeds
User avatar
graveyard rabies
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Your Grave

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby BellezzaImpavida on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am

^^^ Sad day. There is no justice in this world.
BellezzaImpavida
 

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby sickgirliezele on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 am

i've been driving since i was 16, i've gotten two tickets in 7 years. both were speeding tickets and exactly 3months to the day apart. same city, almost same spot.

i was driving fast enough the second time that technically they could've gotten me for reckless driving and i'm about 100% my car would've been impounded, and i would've been arrested.

i'll take a ticket over an arrest any day....
I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.
User avatar
sickgirliezele
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:24 am
Location: whittier, CA

Re:

Postby sickgirliezele on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 am

sickgirliezele wrote:YEAH I GOT A SPEEDING TICKET ON THURSDAY. i'm still bitter about it. i got caught doing 69 in a 50. not to mention my court date is september 14 which is mandatory since i'm still 17. even though i'll be 18 when i go to court, when i made the "infraction" i was a minor so i still need to take a parent or legal guardian.

lame. hooray for fullerton pd!!



HOLY SHIT!!! i knew i posted in here.. but goddamn this was from the first ticket i got!!!
I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.
User avatar
sickgirliezele
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:24 am
Location: whittier, CA

Previous

Return to On the lam...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron