getting out of a ticket

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

getting out of a ticket

Postby bitsy! on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:03 pm

on our drive to louisiana this past spring break we got pulled over by a damn cop for goin slightly over the speed limit my sis-in-law tried crying to get outta the ticket but it didn't work cops turn to even bigger jerks when it's some holiday. had i been awake i could've gotten her out of it somehow.
my b/f and i came up with a few ideas but i'd love to hear yours!

1. pretend ur passenger just vomited...tell him u stopped to eat real quick in some small town and it gave them food poisoning keep a plastic bag handy pretend ur throwin up in there(if u get tickets often make a vomit bottle throw random food and liquid into a bottle and yak that into a plastic bag or outside the door right before the cop gets there)

2. this one works great here in laredo cuz there are tons of trailers tell them u had to speed up cuz a trailer behind u kept kickin up rocks and if u have a craked mirror u can use that as "proof" tell them that was caused by the trailer this also might work around construction sights

3. if u get pulled over for going slightly over the speed limit tell them u were trying to adjust ur cruise control and the engine revved by itself (my car does it sometimes so i guess other cars do to)

4. if ur a dame tell them ur heel slipped and show them some leg! haha jk

i'm sure there was more but that's all i can remember. gimme some of ur ideas!

(now i'm not advocating for speeding but there are times when they pull u over for the dumbest shit)
User avatar
bitsy!
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: Laredo, TX

Re: getting out of a ticket

Postby seductress-of-bums on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:21 pm

bitsy! wrote:on our drive to louisiana this past spring break we got pulled over by a damn cop for goin slightly over the speed limit my sis-in-law tried crying to get outta the ticket but it didn't work cops turn to even bigger jerks when it's some holiday. had i been awake i could've gotten her out of it somehow.
my b/f and i came up with a few ideas but i'd love to hear yours!

1. pretend ur passenger just vomited...tell him u stopped to eat real quick in some small town and it gave them food poisoning keep a plastic bag handy pretend ur throwin up in there(if u get tickets often make a vomit bottle throw random food and liquid into a bottle and yak that into a plastic bag or outside the door right before the cop gets there)

2. this one works great here in laredo cuz there are tons of trailers tell them u had to speed up cuz a trailer behind u kept kickin up rocks and if u have a craked mirror u can use that as "proof" tell them that was caused by the trailer this also might work around construction sights

3. if u get pulled over for going slightly over the speed limit tell them u were trying to adjust ur cruise control and the engine revved by itself (my car does it sometimes so i guess other cars do to)

4. if ur a dame tell them ur heel slipped and show them some leg! haha jk

i'm sure there was more but that's all i can remember. gimme some of ur ideas!

(now i'm not advocating for speeding but there are times when they pull u over for the dumbest shit)



If you open the door of your car or stick your head out the window when the cops have pulled you over, you're likely to get shot.....My friends and I got pulled over one time in Philadelphia (I was the passenger), and I had to poop really bad and we were right next to McDonalds, so when they pulled us over, I tried to get out and go to the bathroom, and the police officer pulled her gun on me! It was awfully scary....plus all those police brutality videos don't leave a very good taste in my mouth....I just cooperate with cops at the risk of being beaten to death...... :wink:
you're killing your kids
User avatar
seductress-of-bums
DIY Demon
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: nowheresville

Postby Elegance Wasted on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:24 pm

My aunt was out driving in Philadelphia. It was her 21st birthday and she was gonna get a DUI. She told the cop her birthday story and he let her go and said Happy Birthday from teh Philadelphia Police Deparment. Or whatever they are called.

She thought it was pretty neat.

>>x0
-TehBo0tab3gga
Image
User avatar
Elegance Wasted
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:35 pm
Location: Wonderland

Postby shotgun_solution on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 am

I had an accident once where I ended up driving my car into a ditch. I really WAS crying, I think the cop could see that I was genuinely, but that didn't get me out of the "Failure to Control Vehicle" ticket. But then again, I wasn't trying to get out of it, so it didn't really matter.

The day we did get out of a ticket was the day we were on the interstate and the cop pulled us over..we told him we had just gotten engaged that day (and we had, too), and he said congratulatins, I'm going to let you go. :D
...and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.
User avatar
shotgun_solution
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: West Virginia

Postby Ophelia Rox on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:13 pm

boobs!!! he he heh... that can work really well, not for me tho...
"i'm no ghost! the nerve of that guy and his driving eyeballs!"
-Patrick
User avatar
Ophelia Rox
You're getting the hang of it!
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 am
Location: bodymore, murderland

Postby Xine on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Last year, I happened upon a slick of black ice. My options were a guard rail to the right or a ditch on the left. I ended up spinning out and backing into the ditch at 55 miles an hour. Luckily, I was able to think quick enough to narrowly avoid death by dodging the guardrail. Needless to say, the highway patrol showed up. He kept me warm in his cruiser (it was only 20 degrees) and listened to me moan about how I was missing an exam. He asked me what my major was and we discussed a few things within my major (political science). I thought for sure, considering how friendly he was being that I wouldn't get a ticket. Well, he was writing the ticket as we spoke. $127 for failure to control. He said that if there had been other accidents on that road, I wouldn't have gotten the ticket but because I set the precendent I was S.O.L. He had to escort me back to my house because the body was so close to the tire. It was a 55 mph zone and I could only effectively and cautiously go about 30. Well, on the way back, on the same very road I crashed on, we passed two more accidents. Those bastards didn't get tickets because I did.

Oh, and the kicker---it cost me $53 just to get the car out of the ditch. No towing involved. They manipulate you because you have no choice but to pay the damn thing. :x
Xine
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 am

Postby julie ghoulie on Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:21 pm

the best thing to do when you get pulled over is to tell the truth when they ask "do you know why i pulled you over?" just cooperate, i was pulled over twice this past summer for speeding and i just said "yeah, i was going too fast" they both let me off with a warning. i didn't show leg, i didn't show boobs, i didn't start to cry, i told the truth. please don't be a helpless girl.
candy is dandy but liquer is quicker
User avatar
julie ghoulie
You're getting the hang of it!
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:32 am

Postby Xine on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:03 pm

julie ghoulie wrote:the best thing to do when you get pulled over is to tell the truth when they ask "do you know why i pulled you over?" just cooperate, i was pulled over twice this past summer for speeding and i just said "yeah, i was going too fast" they both let me off with a warning. i didn't show leg, i didn't show boobs, i didn't start to cry, i told the truth. please don't be a helpless girl.


I got pulled over one time for doing 96 in a 65.
Officer comes up to the car, "Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?"
Of course I do! He knows too so I can't lie. I replied, "Pushing 100."
I got a ticket but because I was so cooperative he marked it down to 75 in a 65 and saved me nearly $200.
Xine
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 am

Postby BlueLipScab on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Xine wrote:
julie ghoulie wrote:the best thing to do when you get pulled over is to tell the truth when they ask "do you know why i pulled you over?" just cooperate, i was pulled over twice this past summer for speeding and i just said "yeah, i was going too fast" they both let me off with a warning. i didn't show leg, i didn't show boobs, i didn't start to cry, i told the truth. please don't be a helpless girl.


I got pulled over one time for doing 96 in a 65.
Officer comes up to the car, "Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?"
Of course I do! He knows too so I can't lie. I replied, "Pushing 100."
I got a ticket but because I was so cooperative he marked it down to 75 in a 65 and saved me nearly $200.


I love those instances were being honest actually helps.
BlueLipScab
 

Postby Lindsay on Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:06 pm

The only time i got pulled over, i was going WAY too fast. i didnt even realize. It was somewhere in New york state. Anyway so i've neve rbeen pulled over prior to this, so i was really panicked. also, i was in my dads car, so when he asked for the registration, i had NO idea where it was. we went through like every bit of paper that was in the car.. and i just had no idea where it was!! i think he thought it was hilarious because i was so frantic and nervous cause i couldn't find it. he let me go and just told me to slow down.
Somewhere in my soul, there's always rock and roll
User avatar
Lindsay
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby lex fiend on Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:25 pm

i've never had a ticket myself (of course i'm driving around right now with one headlight and a cracked tail light...knock on wood). i've been pulled over twice previously for no headlight... once the cops were nice, and the other time the cops were total dicks and made everyone in my car give their name, DOB, and social security number. for a HEADLIGHT?

i got pulled over for speeding in my roomie's car once. i was going 55 in a 35, i really thought it was more like 45. the cop asked me if i knew the speed limit, and i said, "ummm...no." he asked if it was my car, and i told him it was my roommate's and he let me go! i didn't even show him my license or anything. it was crazy. maybe he thought my big tuff boyfriend was going to beat him up.

but anyway, this one is for the daring only. i had a guy friend in high school who got pulled for speeding. as soon as he saw the cop behind him, he start frantically spitting on his crotch. when the cop came up to the door, he explained that he really needed to go to the bathroom and was afraid he'd get in trouble for pulling over and going in the woods. this is where you look down and go, "oops... guess i couldn't hold it."
the cop let him go in the woods to "finish up" and left without giving him a ticket.
it sounds insane everytime i tell it, but this guy wasn't prone to exaggeration, so who knows....
My shop: SmarmyClothes.com

My Tutorials: WhatTheCraft.com

My Band: ExtremeUnicorns.com
User avatar
lex fiend
PRD Professor!
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: kalamazoo

Postby seductress-of-bums on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Cops ALWAYS go easy on you if you're being cooperative...plus when they write "...was very cooperative...." on the ticket, it looks better for your files!!! hahaha
you're killing your kids
User avatar
seductress-of-bums
DIY Demon
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: nowheresville

Postby bitsy! on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:22 pm

lex fiend wrote:i've never had a ticket myself (of course i'm driving around right now with one headlight and a cracked tail light...knock on wood). i've been pulled over twice previously for no headlight... once the cops were nice, and the other time the cops were total dicks and made everyone in my car give their name, DOB, and social security number. for a HEADLIGHT?

i got pulled over for speeding in my roomie's car once. i was going 55 in a 35, i really thought it was more like 45. the cop asked me if i knew the speed limit, and i said, "ummm...no." he asked if it was my car, and i told him it was my roommate's and he let me go! i didn't even show him my license or anything. it was crazy. maybe he thought my big tuff boyfriend was going to beat him up.

but anyway, this one is for the daring only. i had a guy friend in high school who got pulled for speeding. as soon as he saw the cop behind him, he start frantically spitting on his crotch. when the cop came up to the door, he explained that he really needed to go to the bathroom and was afraid he'd get in trouble for pulling over and going in the woods. this is where you look down and go, "oops... guess i couldn't hold it."
the cop let him go in the woods to "finish up" and left without giving him a ticket.
it sounds insane everytime i tell it, but this guy wasn't prone to exaggeration, so who knows....


sounds like a good one!
User avatar
bitsy!
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: Laredo, TX

Postby bitsy! on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:23 pm

now i have to agree with the those who say just cooperate but sometimes man those cops can be jerks so it's best to think of some humorous ideas like these so when u do get pulled over we don't freak out and cry cuz that hardly works and it makes dames look very bad hehe
User avatar
bitsy!
You deserve an award......
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: Laredo, TX

Postby julie ghoulie on Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:58 pm

cops can be total assholes, the one time i did get a ticket was because my car was unregistered and i didn't know it, the guy pulled me over and all he did was make fun of my pink hair, i got a 100$ ticket and they left me and my boyfriend on the side of the road because they towed the car. ugh.
candy is dandy but liquer is quicker
User avatar
julie ghoulie
You're getting the hang of it!
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:32 am

Next

Return to On the lam...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron