Detecting 2 Sided Mirrors

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: Detecting 2 Sided Mirrors

Postby havanna on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:36 am

MissJackalopeCity wrote:
Chaosbean wrote:If you really want to know if the mirror you're using is 2-way, just turn the lights off. Of course, you might look mighty silly standing in a dark bathroom trying to see the little people in the mirror, so hope nobody walks in on you. "

Good idea...other than just the thought of turning the lights off and seeing another person could be the scariest thought in the whole world.

Maybe I just watched Candyman too many times but the thought of it is enough to make me not care if someone watches me pee....

I was thinking exactly the same!! I don't know why, but I'm hugely afraid of mirrors.. Every time I bend down to wash my face in the bathroom, I'm always afraid that when I look into the mirror again I'm gonna see someone or something freaky.. And I haven't even heard of the movie Candyman!! I don't think I ever want to see it, I'm traumatized enough already haha!
"Never give up. Even if you feel like it."
havanna
PRD Professor!

Postby jupiters_reject on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:04 pm

hell_kitten wrote:Here's how to detect a 2 way mirror... get up and put your hands up around your face and see if you can see through it. did no one else learn that trick from Waffle House?

I actually learned that from the Aldi my mom and I used to go to :mrgreen:
jupiters_reject
You deserve an award......

Postby kissmycombatboots on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Raquel wrote:Im just gonna try moving the mirrors in the dressing rooms or putting something like a pencil behind it to see if it even is a 2 sided miror

this is a good idea. also, the fingernail test is not fool proof, but it is a good idea to use just to be on the safe side. also, dressing rooms that have mirrors on exposed walls, i.e. the ones in most low-scale clothing places like walmart, are safe because they have no room for anyone to stand back there and look at you. i'm also very paranoid about cameras in dressing rooms. when i know i'm going to have to try things on in a place i'm not familiar with, i dress in tight shorts and a tight fitting tank top, like exersize clothes. haha, no nakey for pervs!
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby PunkxPowerxRanger on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:18 am

Im totally gonna give every mirror the dirtiest look ever just in case someones looking at me
PunkxPowerxRanger

Postby Fuck_Authority on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

SuperNovaHellCat wrote:
mummifiedlunatic wrote: oprah never lies.

It's that kind of logic is the cause for the downfall of society.

I agree.lol.
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby chromenlipstick on Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am

I think the best way to tell is when you start to undress and a 50 dollar bill slides under the mirror
warriors against beige
otmapp
http://www.myspace.com/chr0me_eater
never pat a burning dog
chromenlipstick
You deserve an award......

Postby kissmycombatboots on Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm

^^
nice!
i should try this on my friends... slide some money under the dressing room door, see what their reaction is.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Previous

Return to On the lam...