anyone know a natural way to remove moles?

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: anyone know a natural way to remove moles?

Postby notsoplainjane on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Sparko wrote:I mentioned this before, but my dad swears by Vicks vaporub. It takes a while, but if you apply it religiously to your mole, after a couple/few weeks it should either be gone or faded.
He used to have 2 moles on the side of his forehead, one raised and one flat, both really dark. As of a month or so ago, he's only got one flat one (I don't know if it was the originally flat one or not) and it's really light. It works on scars too, and I can vouch for that (as long as they're completely healed). I'm sure it's just the oils and whatnot that's in there, but I don't know how else my dad could have possibly gotten rid of his moles, so I say it's worth a try.
I also heard lemon juice works too, but I haven't tried it at all.

I don't particularly care about moles but I do have one on my arm that got gross looking because of a boil. I'm definitely going to have to test the vicks theory - thanks!
I once met a girl, or should I say she once met me
notsoplainjane
You deserve an award......

Postby TwistMySister on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:50 am

WorkingClassSkin wrote:Try nail clippers. Pretty gross, but they'll cut it off, leave minimal carnage, and heal pretty quick.

lmao.
ouch. :(
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Clothing for stray cats & deadly dames... On The Front Line
TwistMySister

Postby Lindsay on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 am

there is no "natural" way to remove moles. Removing moles is actually "unnatural" since its a natural part of our bodies. SO THIS IS DEFINITELY A JOB FOR A DOCTOR TO DO. Its quick, painless, and you get anti scarring and anti infecting creams to TREAT IT.

Its not a "surgery" necessarily, it takes like 2 seconds to complete, without the risks of scarring and infection. Which is worse than the mole was to begin with. Its NOT expensive, and its YOUR BODY! Treat it with respect.
Somewhere in my soul, there's always rock and roll
Lindsay

Postby babycham on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:20 am

i have a mole i really hate i put on some spot gel stuff on it and it dried it up and it went all scab like picked that off and now its really light in colour but if it really annoys you go to a doctor,
babycham

Postby ~Beat_your_heart_out~ on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:37 pm

i have a natural light brown marilyn monroe but its the left side of my face . but when i was younger i absolutely hated it . then i saw marilyn and was like ok its not so bad . but definetly see a doctor cause it could scar worse if its not done properly .
Fragile handle with care .
~Beat_your_heart_out~

Postby captainshlee on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:30 pm

i like my moles. it's weird, 'cause they're in threes and if i trace them they're perfect triangles.
captainshlee

Postby GutterSnipe on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:50 pm

ive had 2 moles removed.
partly because they were very annoying.
They werent huge, but one was on my neck and would get caught on seatbelts. and the other was kind of above my armpit so bra straps would catch it, they would bleed sometimes.
& i read that some can have melanoma, usally if they get bigger, or itch alot. which they did.

So... it was free.. & i thought , what the hell.
the doctor injected just where the mole was with a anasthetic, and then with what is pretty much a soldering iron, just burnt it off. its then like a scab, and heals.
i have a little scaring, but, its way more comfortable. :)
and i like to tell people i got stabbed witha cigarette if they ask.. makes me seem tough.. :P
till i tell them the truth. shhhhh.
GutterSnipe
DIY Demon

Postby Mattedfur on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 pm

http://www.natural-homeremedies.org/hom ... -warts.htm

There's about 30 options. Choose the one best for you.
So Long and Thanks for all the Carrots.
Mattedfur

Postby miss.annthropy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 pm

I've been thinking about this lately, got a mole which my man accidentally half scratched off that I want gone, and a few others.

I had a few removed when I was little, the doctor used this pressurised can of stuff and literally froze them off... no pain relief given but it wasn't too bad.

I've also had them burned off with like a heated wire loop that closed around it (this one was too big for freezing) , my body decided to produce too much scar tissue n now i have this reasonably flat but rather large dense area on my shoulder far bigger than the mole was :roll: .

So I'd try vicks and some other things that were suggested but I have little faith.. think I'll go get this one frozen off too.
I'm just a venereal girl, living in a venereal world...

"I can't believe we left the party so soon. And there was so much wine to spit around the place!"
miss.annthropy

Postby lizzymahoney on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:31 pm

There was an instructable I saw a few years ago with a DIY freeze spray for wart remover. A mole is not a wart, and it will probably be a lot more sensitive to any manipulation, though. I thought the DIY freeze spray was funny, though.

Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar are both acids that will destroy both the mole or wart and the healthy skin around it. I knew that and still tried the ACV until my skin was reddened and had little scabs. No change in the mole, though. The idea is that you get some cotton fluff and saturate it with ACV, then tape directly on the flesh you want removed. You don't want it to dry out, so duct tape or even cellophane tape will work okay. Wear it as long as you can, which might be four hours or might be all day, then do it again the next day. The word is that after several days, the offending bit of flesh will blacken and fall off.

I have lassoed skin tags with dental floss and plucked them off. Those are less likely to bleed than normal moles and are usually in areas that they can get pulled off anyway. Like under arms or ... That's it. Under my arms mainly. Oh I think I have one in the antecubital fossa of one arm, the inner of your elbow. Nothing I'm worrying about though.
lizzymahoney
DIY Demon

Postby kissmycombatboots on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

i am not suggesting this by any means, but i did recently burn a mole off a friend with my cigarette. it's funny so many of you mentioned this.
i, too, have been told that since moles are skin cells that grow "abnormally," that the risk of them becoming malignant is greater than on the rest of your skin. i hate to break it to ya, love, but there is no "quick fix" for stuff like this. i'd suggest you start saving your pennies in a "mole removal" jar, and go to the doctor.
best of luck.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby poorandweird on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:56 pm

agreed, go to a doctor! you don't want to risk infection.

I had two burnt off my neck by my doc, it's quick and painless and PERMANENT :)
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby TheWorstIdea on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 pm

poorandweird wrote:agreed, go to a doctor! you don't want to risk infection.

I had two burnt off my neck by my doc, it's quick and painless and PERMANENT :)

Oh my god, I know!

Moles can indicate skin cancer or other serious skin problems. ESPECIALLY if you've noticed that a mole has changed (different size, different colour, etc). What would you rather: going to a dermatologist to have something checked out and treated quickly or pulling some crap "remedy" off the internet and finding out in 5 years that you have serious, serious problems? Chances are a mole is fine, but the only person who should be removing a mole is a trained doctor!
TheWorstIdea
PRD Professor!

Postby Alka on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:54 pm

captainshlee wrote:i like my moles. it's weird, 'cause they're in threes and if i trace them they're perfect triangles.

Oh my GOD ME TOO!
We're freaks! :D
Fuck this.
Alka
PRD Professor!

Postby HotDamn on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

I too am a fan of my moles. (They're mostly just the little flat ones that look kind of like freckles there is one in the corner of my eye (obviously not on my eye) that is slightly up off the skin, but I like that one too. :D I'm not a fan of zits though or Rosasea (sp?). That's a different thread.
if awesome is a crime... guess that makes me a criminal...
HotDamn

PreviousNext

Return to On the lam...