The Many uses of Toothpaste!!

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

The Many uses of Toothpaste!!

Postby NeonVomit on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm

I saw a thread here talking about toothpaste for zits. but! did you also know that you can use it to polish silver? If you have your grandma's old tea tray or forks just take a toothbrush with some toothpaste on it and polish. It will look brand new!!
NeonVomit
You deserve an award......

Re: The Many uses of Toothpaste!!

Postby HellcatTrish on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 pm

It does a lot. Sadly the only thing I can think of is using it to spike your hair. It works, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Check out my blog! Mostly costmetic reviews, tips, tutorials, and a little bit of life with Rhett- my charming autistic son and his crazy antics.
http://hellcattrish.blogspot.com
HellcatTrish
PRD Professor!

Postby HellcatTrish on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:17 pm

ohh yeah. CD's and DVD's. It'll clean'em, but I think you'd have to get one that was really basic. I remember making a big mess doing that, but it worked when I got the hang of it. If you're unsure- don't try it and blame me if it messes it up! There's so many new things in toothpaste since I used to do that.

Also, if you're a bit of a jerk you can use a white toothpaste to fill in holes in your apartment wall from nails before you move out.
Check out my blog! Mostly costmetic reviews, tips, tutorials, and a little bit of life with Rhett- my charming autistic son and his crazy antics.
http://hellcattrish.blogspot.com
HellcatTrish
PRD Professor!

Postby Sparko on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:00 pm

HellcatTrish wrote:Also, if you're a bit of a jerk you can use a white toothpaste to fill in holes in your apartment wall from nails before you move out.

ha, i love that. and i know i'm too lazy to actually fill them like i'm supposed to. they're not big holes, so it doesn't make me a total jerk. but that will be the plan... hehe.
Sparko

Postby NeonVomit on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:01 pm

haha i know i totally gunked up myself and a cd trying once. i used way to much. the apartment thing is a sweet idea though! haha. cuz im a jerk :P
NeonVomit

Postby Fuck_Authority on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:00 pm

HellcatTrish wrote:ohh yeah. CD's and DVD's. It'll clean'em, but I think you'd have to get one that was really basic. I remember making a big mess doing that, but it worked when I got the hang of it. If you're unsure- don't try it and blame me if it messes it up! There's so many new things in toothpaste since I used to do that.

Also, if you're a bit of a jerk you can use a white toothpaste to fill in holes in your apartment wall from nails before you move out.

you can put the cd in the toilet and flush the toilet and take it out, I swear to you it works. I don't know why or what the toilet does to help it but it works! I used to put toothpaste on the hinges of our bathroom (at our old house) to help it move easier. I don't know if it works on all hinges though.
Fuck_Authority
PRD Professor!

Postby Brutus on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:28 am

a gel tooth paste with a face cloth can be used sometimes to clean a cd!

white toothpaste can be used to fill tack holes from posters on white walls.
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby caseystilletto on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 am

Especially helpful when you're living in a dorm that has a "no poking holes in the wall" policy..ya know, if you wanna put thumbtacks up or something.
caseystilletto
PRD Professor!

Postby darksekretlove on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:48 am

You can suffocate a tick by smothering it with toothpaste. :smt023
There is no light without dark..
No innocence without lust..
No love without hate..

http://www.myspace.com/DarkSekretLove84
darksekretlove

Postby 9876511! on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 am

caseystilletto wrote:Especially helpful when you're living in a dorm that has a "no poking holes in the wall" policy..ya know, if you wanna put thumbtacks up or something.

I've got plenty of those and will use that toothpaste pretty soon!
Haha.
9876511!
PRD Professor!

Postby xZOMBIEx on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 am

darksekretlove wrote:You can suffocate a tick by smothering it with toothpaste. :smt023

haha i wanna try that :-D
ImageImage
xZOMBIEx

Postby SuperVixenBadGirl on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 pm

HellcatTrish wrote:Also, if you're a bit of a jerk you can use a white toothpaste to fill in holes in your apartment wall from nails before you move out.

If you are a smoker and have smoked in the room that you are using toothpaste to fill the holes in with, make sure you fill the holes just as you are ready to take the "Gimme back my security deposit" tour. The tooth paste will actually draw the nicotine to it and the holes will be filled, but they turn yellowish-brown within a couple of days. True biz.
Check Out My Goods!
http://www.SuperVixenBadGirl.etsy.com

"You know, I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum."
~Edgar 'MIB'
SuperVixenBadGirl

Postby NutMeg on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:09 pm

If you have sensitive skin (contact dermatitis) and can't wear certain metals, rub toothpaste on the necklace or piece of jewlery, than you can wear it without irritation.
NutMeg
PRD Professor!

Postby hell_kitten on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:16 pm

NutMeg wrote:If you have sensitive skin (contact dermatitis) and can't wear certain metals, rub toothpaste on the necklace or piece of jewlery, than you can wear it without irritation.

and you will smell minty-fresh
Who sent me a turd in the mail?
hell_kitten
PRD Professor!

Postby DeadGirlCrowdSurfing on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:37 am

I also use toothpaste to keep sneakers/fingernails/etc clean :) works like a charm!
DeadGirlCrowdSurfing

Next

Return to On the lam...