The fat mans cure for a hangover.

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: The fat mans cure for a hangover.

Postby poorandweird on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

tague wrote:
poorandweird wrote:anyone got a filling veggie alternative to bacon sandwiches? they're salty and crispy and full of umami taste, nothing quite compares, i've tried all kindsa fried food and nothing.

i dont usually miss bacon it's just when i'm hanging

Fry up thin sliced tofu until it's real crispy in 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part liquid smoke, a sprinkling of nutritional yeast if you guys have it there, a drizzle of maple syrup if you like your bacon maple-y, and a little cracked pepper.

Tastes about right and it's a little healthier. And if you used nooch, you're putting a good bit of b12 back in your body.

yeccchc i don't get this american thing for putting sugary syrup on bacon . but thank you i might try this ouittt
YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE
CAUSE IT'S THE POLITICS OF CRUELTY
THAT WE LIVE FOR
poorandweird
PRD Professor!

Postby kissmycombatboots on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:39 am

^^mmm, i love it when my syrup leaks over to my bacon. but i am an American, so that might explain it!

chinese food is good for a hangover. especially if it's left over in the fridge. there's something kind of comforting about a cold eggroll that i just can't explain.
--Aliz

kissmycombatboots
PRD Professor!

Postby JohnnyQuid on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm

poorandweird wrote:anyone got a filling veggie alternative to bacon sandwiches? they're salty and crispy and full of umami taste, nothing quite compares, i've tried all kindsa fried food and nothing.

i dont usually miss bacon it's just when i'm hanging

Erm, I'm vegan and I have bacon sandwiches probably three times a week. Do you have Lightlife Smart Bacon where you are? It looks funny because it's just a flat strip, whereas real bacon is wiggly but it tastes the same and it's delicious.
Creepshow sucks.
JohnnyQuid
You deserve an award......

Previous

Return to On the lam...