what not to wear to the airport!

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

Re: what not to wear to the airport!

Postby Bandit on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:45 am

GrifterOI wrote:Last time I flew I was with my band. We were so busy freaking out over our equipment the whole time, we didn't think about what we were wearing. Uhh, 20 eye boots, studded belts, bondage belts, bullet belts, mohawks, studded leather jackets, the whole crust/street/thrash punk bullshit... I thought the officers at the airport were going to shoot us on sight! It took us 45 minutes to get through the detectors, and the people in line hated us, hahaha. Not our proudest moment.

hahaha this made me laugh though
Bandit
PRD Professor!

Postby janesawmassacre on Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 am

Bandit wrote:
GrifterOI wrote:Last time I flew I was with my band. We were so busy freaking out over our equipment the whole time, we didn't think about what we were wearing. Uhh, 20 eye boots, studded belts, bondage belts, bullet belts, mohawks, studded leather jackets, the whole crust/street/thrash punk bullshit... I thought the officers at the airport were going to shoot us on sight! It took us 45 minutes to get through the detectors, and the people in line hated us, hahaha. Not our proudest moment.

hahaha this made me laugh though

bwahahahahaha! 45 minutes did you guys miss your plane????

i always get 'randomly' chosen for drug and explosive testing so much so the last time i flew i got my aunties and cousin tested along with me, the best one thought is when my boyfriend and i flew to melbourne for the iron maiden concert and the whole flight was big hairy metal guys in maiden shirts and you could see the security wankers shitting themselves because they couldnt check us all and we had security all around our gate and the federal cops were there too so basically any other flight could have smuggled anything through because they were so preoccupied with us lol
I like my sugar with coffee and cream
janesawmassacre
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby GrifterOI on Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

^^^

Hilarious! No, we didn't miss our plane but we did end up having to ship our stuff ahead of us... It was so maddening at the time, but I love telling that story to any of my friends with questions about flying, hahaha...

Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road.

GrifterOI
You deserve an award......

Postby RaMeat on Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Im a bit disapointed the steal plate in my head doesnt set off metal detectors
RaMeat
DIY Demon

Postby rainaraven on Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 am

RaMeat wrote:Im a bit disapointed the steal plate in my head doesnt set off metal detectors

i would be too. makes you wonder what they actually put in there.
It makes no sense to argue with crazy people cause crazy people don't have to make sense.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/colorfulcoffin ... _usernames
rainaraven
PRD Professor!

Postby voiddj on Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

I was on an extra list on my flight to the US. Having negotated all the regular security I was called for yet another check and pat down at the gate. It's becoming harder and harder to fly to the US these days with the ESTA and all the additional red tape.
voiddj
PRD Professor!

Postby NikkiNockers on Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

Void,

I read that last line as "...and all the additional rape." I was like WTF!?!
Nowadays all the songs on the radio they all drive me crazy
NikkiNockers
PRD Professor!

Postby RaMeat on Fri May 28, 2010 2:55 pm

rainaraven wrote:
RaMeat wrote:Im a bit disapointed the steal plate in my head doesnt set off metal detectors

i would be too. makes you wonder what they actually put in there.

Nah its surgical steel. The detectors dont pick up on a lot of my jewelry either.

but i always gotta wear discreet jewelry when i fly cause its only to see my grandma and she think only satanic tribalmen have piercings all over their faces :lol:
well once i wore those fleshy colored silicon plugs and since my ears were an inch in diameter theyre still pretty damn obvious. they pulled me outta the line and had me take them out while some lady poked at them with latex gloves.

coulda been the ear bomber...
RaMeat
DIY Demon

Postby janesawmassacre on Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 am

I went to melbourne with one of my mates recently we were explosive tested (again it happens every time) my bag was x rayed twice and they went through it and my mate has a fake bullet as a neck lace and he had it confiscated just incase he decided to throw it at someone. Like he could trow at the velocity for it to puncture someones skin *rolls eyes*
I like my sugar with coffee and cream
janesawmassacre
You're getting the hang of it!

Postby JohnnyQuid on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 pm

I was coming from Texas with a friend of mine and they confiscated this sandwich I had in my pocket. I'm vegan and they didn't have anything for me to eat on the plane, so I brought it from home. So I was hungry for the whole trip but they let my friend keep a wicked looking glass nail file in his pocket.

Also, I have been tested for explosives every time I've been to an aiport for the past five years.
Creepshow sucks.
JohnnyQuid

Postby Brutus on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, but, hair extensions are a'ok. the clips dont set off the detectors. Word to the wise from my girlfriend.
Brutus
PRD Professor!

Postby graveyard rabies on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 pm

you are suppose to take your belt off and put it in one of the buckets. the first time i ever flew i didnt take my lock and chain necklace off and they searched me
-Darling Brittany

"I was going to say homewrecker but skydiver is way more positive, probably safer."
-Weeds
graveyard rabies

Postby sickgirliezele on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:29 am

i go to the airport in slippers or flip flops and they still make me take them off.. it was so cold i ended up with a fucking charley horse.. LAME.
I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.
sickgirliezele
PRD Professor!

Postby TwistMySister on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 am

dont have any weird shaped rings on ... i had a ring IN MY BAG and IN A BOX in the shape of small sewing scissors, which did not even open........ and they made me dig around for it and then this guy just walked away with it. i had to chase him up and actually ask for it back and he said i can have it back but i have to mail it to my house the arsehole.... he said i could wear it and jab some one with it. seriously? its tiny. i could do more damage with a fucking pen or a cross necklace,

im sure if it wasnt in the shape of scissors, and was a cross or a fucking kitten with a long tail it would have been ok. i think he must have been stupid cause i said you could jab anyone with any type of ring but the dick just shrugged and walked off. $7 later and its in the fucking post and i had to go through the detector about 3 times dealing with this prick! ugh! ok rant over i know its his job but fuck they werent even pointy......
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Clothing for stray cats & deadly dames... On The Front Line
TwistMySister

Postby TwistMySister on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 am

Haha! ps. ive also been tested for explosives on either ends of my trips.... so judgemental right!!! random my bottom... it's the normal looking people you gotta watch out for!!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Clothing for stray cats & deadly dames... On The Front Line
TwistMySister

Previous

Return to On the lam...