what not to wear to the airport!

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

what not to wear to the airport!

Postby xcitizensugarkanex on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 pm

Ok so if I didn't wear my studded belt I don't think they would have pulled me off to the side to metal detect everything.
But I could be wrong.
xcitizensugarkanex
PRD Professor!

Postby twitness on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that pretty much any belt will set of the metal detector. It's not the studs, it's the buckle. I've gotten pulled over wearing just a plain leather belt.

At airports don't wear shoes that are hard to take on and off just in case they make you take your shoes off. They always make me take mine off :(
twitness
You deserve an award......

Postby elemenopee on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:21 pm

If I forget to take off my belt and put it through the scanner thing, then I usually get waved down with the wand. But then they figure it out and I take it off and they wand me again... I fly about twice a year so I've gotten in the habit of just not wearing a belt when I fly.
elemenopee

Postby *Its Martini Time* on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:34 pm

a few years ago when i met john kerry , the secret service pulled me to the side when i set the metal detector off..i was scared shitless!! lol but it was my studded belt that set it off
*Its Martini Time*

Postby ANNA BANANARCHY! on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Yeah, I always just take my belt off before I go through the scanner thing. Same with shoes.

Speaking of which, I'm going on an 18 hour flight tomorrow.. it's gonna be crazy!
ANNA BANANARCHY!

Postby shake the disease on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Last time I got pulled to the side and scanned with that thing they carry.. I have NO idea why.. I wasn't even wearing a belt, or shoes with any metal on it. I was wearing vans!
shake the disease
PRD Professor!

Postby CatDynamite on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:18 pm

:shock: Last time, in London, they kept my
1)Chapstick
2)Khejal
3)Cookies
4)Book
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CatDynamite
DIY Demon

Postby missghoulina on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:30 pm

I got pulled to the side because of my necklace, i wear a chain necklace with a lock on it (sid style) and i totally forgot about it, it was a huge hassle because i couldnt take it off i didnt have the key!! so they did the wand thingy to make sure that it was just my necklace that was setting it off. Then they let me go so that was good lol

On the way home tho i had to have this special check thingy, because i guess i was one of the random people, which i dont think is random at all because i was in a line full of like terrorist looking people. I had get all of my luggage checked and they took my saftey pins that were holding on my patches on my bag lame....
missghoulina
PRD Professor!

Postby gracieb on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:44 pm

missghoulina wrote:I got pulled to the side because of my necklace, i wear a chain necklace with a lock on it (sid style) and i totally forgot about it, it was a huge hassle because i couldnt take it off i didnt have the key!! so they did the wand thingy to make sure that it was just my necklace that was setting it off. Then they let me go so that was good lol

On the way home tho i had to have this special check thingy, because i guess i was one of the random people, which i dont think is random at all because i was in a line full of like terrorist looking people. I had get all of my luggage checked and they took my saftey pins that were holding on my patches on my bag lame....

i swear they do this JUST for fun....when i was at the airport, they decided to empty out the bag with my womanly products
MUSIC THAT STRUTS AND POUTS AND STEALS YOUR GIRLFRIEND

http://www.myspace.com/grace_ace_face
gracieb

Postby ANNA BANANARCHY! on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 pm

Anybody know anything about pins? I have a ton on my jacket.. should I take em off or do they not care about those?
ANNA BANANARCHY!

Postby twitness on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:54 pm

ANNA BANANARCHY! wrote:Anybody know anything about pins? I have a ton on my jacket.. should I take em off or do they not care about those?

I'd just take your jacket off and throw it on the conveyor belt. Usually they make everybody take their jacket off anyways.
twitness

Postby ANNA BANANARCHY! on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:03 pm

twitness wrote:
ANNA BANANARCHY! wrote:Anybody know anything about pins? I have a ton on my jacket.. should I take em off or do they not care about those?

I'd just take your jacket off and throw it on the conveyor belt. Usually they make everybody take their jacket off anyways.

True.. I forgot about that! Thanks!
ANNA BANANARCHY!

Postby zombirella von cupcake on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:36 pm

One time I flew to Kansas to visit my exboyfriend and I was already cutting it close to making it on time but I got pulled aside and searched while a soldier pointed his machine gun at me. They had to call the gate and tell them to hold the plane for me. They said it was "random" but I really think they shouldn't point a gun at you!

If you are planning on traveling, check all the rules the airports have. I didn't know about the crazy liquid rules and last time they tried to throw away over a hundred dollars of makeup! I was pissed but I just checked my backpack and went through the security check again.
zombirella von cupcake

Postby weetzie on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:41 pm

i just took mine off and put it through the xray thing, didnt stop them from confiscating my fabric paint (but that was my own fault for not getting the special plastic bag or whatever)
weetzie
PRD Professor!

Postby Funiono on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:23 am

*Its Martini Time* wrote:a few years ago when i met john kerry , the secret service pulled me to the side when i set the metal detector off..i was scared shitless!! lol but it was my studded belt that set it off

hahaaahhah i got pulled aside for my belt when i went to see kerry speak too!

Also I HATE the "random" people they pull aside. I have gotten pulled aside for the extra screenings EVERYTIME i have flown, except when i was with my husband, who is white. I am asian, one time it was me another asian kid behind me and a middle eastern guy behind him. lame.
You ask me if I'll miss his kisses, I guess I will, everyday, I don't like it but I guess things happen that way.
Funiono
DIY Demon

Next

Return to On the lam...