hairspray

Quick tips for on the road and about town. Those little strange uses for random thingies.... Post it here!

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

hairspray

Postby ohnoits_kasi on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:58 pm

im new on here.
but i thought you guys should try out this hairspray:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100322&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod1594643

i use it all the time and it holds really swell. :][/url]
i am kasi. hear me rawr!
myspace.com/likewtfu
ohnoits_kasi

Postby mia on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:24 pm

Does anyone else feel like Garnier Fructis products are always kinda heavy? Just wondering...

I'm always on the look out for a new hairspray though so maybe I'll try this one out. For now though, it's the good old Aquanet, or that Bedhead hardhold stuff...
mia
DIY Demon

Postby NikkiNockers on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:54 am

I used it to tease my hair and I didn't like it.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio they all drive me crazy
NikkiNockers
PRD Professor!

Postby Sonya on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:32 am

mia wrote:Does anyone else feel like Garnier Fructis products are always kinda heavy? Just wondering...

I'm always on the look out for a new hairspray though so maybe I'll try this one out. For now though, it's the good old Aquanet, or that Bedhead hardhold stuff...

I felt the same way with the Garnier Fructis ones... even with big fluffy hair, by the time I sprayed, it was... limp isn't the word... flattened out?

I've found a new fave though, been buying it for nearly 2 years now (and I've tried everything from So Sexy to Paul Mitchell to BedHead to who-knows-what.... yeah, it's insane, but the most expensive hairspray that I've ever bought was like $35, and it SUCKED). My new fave is plain old V05 in the red can (Maximum Hold). It holds ALL DAY, isn't heavy, doesn't leave that shiny crap on your hair (but will hold the shiny crap if you put it on first), and you can spray, style, and then spray again if it's needed. It doesn't even get flaky! I'm in LOVE.
Sonya Adams
Body Piercer
Smut Peddler
Sonya
PRD Professor!

Postby miss_plongee on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:45 pm

Fructis hairspray just doesn't smell hairspray-ish enough.

If I'm not coughing my guts up after I've used it, it's not doing its job properly :)
miss_plongee
You deserve an award......

Postby missghoulina on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am

I hated the aeresol kind of their hairspray, it left a white residue on my hair after i washed it out with professional shampoo and conditioner...it was so disgusting!!
missghoulina
PRD Professor!

Postby Ms Minx on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:48 pm

YEARS ago, i'd wear my hair in a pomp-like beehive thing - i'd use aveda firmata. When I was in the pit, everyone would be smelling me saying "what perfume are you wearing?" It smells great, holds like a freaking rock, but is pricey.
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby Hybrid Moments on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:56 pm

i want to try aveda! i used to be a fan of garnier but they test on the little animals :cry:
"One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."
Hybrid Moments

Postby Sarahjayne on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:31 pm

This is my fave hairspray ever ever ever! It smells so light and fruity..yum!
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you forget the words!
Sarahjayne

Postby straycats on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:00 am

I've recently been trying John Frieda's hairspray... you can get it in blonde or brown (I'm guessing so that it kinda blends with your hair and doesn't leave those white flakes lying around). http://johnfrieda.com/products/products.asp?pid=23&lineID=2&section=products&subSection=brilliantBrunette

It's kind of expensive but it works well (so far)... you don't need a lot to keep your hair up all day but it SMELLS of chemicals when you put it on but it's only when you first spray it, I haven't noticed it when it's dry. There's kind of a coconutty scent to it as well like they tried to cover it up.

I usually spray perfume in my hair though anyway because I heard somewhere that it's bad for your throat as your throat is a sensitive area... No one has commented on my scent as of yet. :D
~Sarah~
straycats
PRD Professor!

Postby scarletbegonias on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:24 pm

I use three different hairsprays depending on the look I'm going for.

Up do: Garnier Fructis Ultimate Hold - Extreme

Down and teased till it's huge: Got2b Screaming Hold - Blasting Freeze Spray

And sometimes I use Aquanet, but I find it's too wet to use unless I'm wearing my hair straight and even then I have to use it with a blowdryer.
scarletbegonias
PRD Professor!

Postby missghoulina on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm

scarletbegonias wrote:Down and teased till it's huge: Got2b Screaming Hold - Blasting Freeze Spray

I loveeeeee that hairspray! Its cheap and works really good!
missghoulina
PRD Professor!

hairspray!!!

Postby misshazeydaisy on Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:08 am

i love Shaper Zero G hairspray!!! it smells like grapes and holds pretty well! you can get it at most salons and hair supply stores for like 14 or 15 bucks. pretty good investment if i'd say so myself.
And they say BITCH like it's a bad thing...
misshazeydaisy

Postby kbenn on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:20 am

hey.. since we are on the topic of hairspray here.. where can i find 'aquanet' in Canada ( the southwestern Ontario, near London, Stratford to be exact area). i try to wear my hair teased out .. but find nothing works well to hold it that way. i hear some good stuff about aquanet though and want to give it a try
kbenn

Postby Miss Marie on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:44 am

kbenn wrote:hey.. since we are on the topic of hairspray here.. where can i find 'aquanet' in Canada ( the southwestern Ontario, near London, Stratford to be exact area). i try to wear my hair teased out .. but find nothing works well to hold it that way. i hear some good stuff about aquanet though and want to give it a try

As far as I know, you can't get aquanet in Canada. I have searched and searched for many years, and never come across it...though that might just be Quebec. My friend (SickGirl) got her Mom to bring me some back from the States...I think thats your best bet, smuggling it in!

I have to say that I absolutely adore
http://www.matrix.com/products/trix/freezetrix.aspx but its too expensive for me to buy, since I no longer get a hairdresser discount :(
Miss Marie
PRD Professor!

Next

Return to On the lam...