hey everyone

OK, we got addicted to all those lovely comments on MySpace. Feel free to get mushy and gushy and make us smile...

Moderators: Ms Minx, dirtyrottenlove

hey everyone

Postby matty gallows on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm

hey everyone I just joined, so did my wife (bluecarolina) I plan on putting some tutorials and stuff up here soon but thought i should say hi and some stuff about me first. so here goes: I grew up in jersey (toms river/bricktown.) I moved out to salt lake to go to school (violin bow making) and met my wife there. We moved out to raleigh for my first job after school doing violin restoration. I'm easy going and down for pretty much whatever. i love music, cars, and tattoos. i just wish i could afford more of them. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
My friends look out for me like family!

http://www.myspace.com/gallows_humor
matty gallows
You're getting the hang of it!

Re: hey everyone

Postby adictedtolove77 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey welcome aboard.
It's always nice to see more guys around here.
Okay, ramblers, let's get rambling.
http://www.pressedandscrewed.com
adictedtolove77
PRD Professor!

Postby dirtyrottenlove on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Welcome, dude! What type of tutorials you throwing up here? I cant wait. JERSEY REP!
dirtyrottenlove
PRD Professor!

Postby Ms Minx on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Wow, violin bow making sounds neat, how did you choose to get into that?
Do you do restoration as well?
Punk girls do it better...
www.builtonrespect.com
Ms Minx
Site Admin

Postby the-sweet-far-thing on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:25 am

Ms Minx wrote:Wow, violin bow making sounds neat, how did you choose to get into that?
Do you do restoration as well?

I definitely second that question.
Back on PRD, which is awesome! Need to re-establish my PRD Prof. status, tho...boo.[/i]

[b]If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
the-sweet-far-thing
You deserve an award......

Postby matty gallows on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the welcome. it's kind of weird how i got into it. My uncle was an accountant and one of his clients was a bow-maker/restorer. They became really good friends and eventually my uncle quit his job and apprenticed with him. After my uncle was there for six or seven years he opened a shop in his home making and wanted someone to apprentice with him. his son didn't want to do it and i thought it would be kinda cool (i was working in my dads butcher shop for a couple years already and this seemed so much cooler.) so for a year or so i would go out and apprentice with him. then we talked about the school in salt lake city (the violin making school of america) and thought that would be the best route for me to take. After that i got this job doing straight repair and restoration on bows and instruments. its a the best job i've had so far.

i've got a couple things planned to put up here. we're not making to much stuff right now because we're moving back to salt lake in three months and don't have the room to take much. but i am planning on putting up stuff on making nose rings, plugs and couple other smaller things. after the move i'll be making a while lot more stuff and i'll try to put them all up here. JERSEY REP!
My friends look out for me like family!

http://www.myspace.com/gallows_humor
matty gallows
You're getting the hang of it!

Return to Give us some love...